cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service not working after porting number with eSIM

gbicalho
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent 

I subscribed to a public mobile plan (29/Mo with 30G of data) via porting my number from Fido and using an eSIM. I followed the instructions on the website to the letter. It's been two weeks and my data still does not work. I can call, and message, however, anything else which uses data does not work. I've looked into forums and community posts here and some people suggested there may have been an issue when matching the IMEI number to my name, as there are a lot of customers who reported the same problem. I've paid $30 and half the month has gone by with no data. I've tried the chatbot for weeks now but there has been no solution. I did not have outstanding debts with Fido nor any problems on my end through the process. I want to keep the number I've already ported but I'm unsure if I'll need a new eSIM or how this issue can be solved. Please let me know what to do as I cannot go any longer with no data.

4 REPLIES 4

gbicalho

Updating to the new IOS seems to have fixed the issue, thank you for your help!

@gbicalho 

for iPhone, make sure you have the lates Carrier profile:

Tap Settings > General > About. Follow the onscreen instructions to install your carrier update

And make sure you have have the latest iOS

Also, I assume you remove your old carrier's physical sim card or deleted the old carrier eSIM from Settings> Cellular already?  If not yet, please do so and reboot the iPhone

gbicalho

I've already tried resetting cellular data network. I have an Iphone 11, when I go to change APN profile the only options available are for username and password. I don't see MMS Proxies or MCC options anywhere. My phone is also unlocked, so I don't understand where the issue could be coming from.

@gbicalho 

first, can you receive incoming calls? if you can receive incoming calls on your PM sim, then it is not a problem with porting

if it is data issue, it is an APN settings problem.  May I know what phone do you have?

Start with the easy steps, try Reset All Networks 

If that does not work, try to update the APN profiles as follow (make sure you save the profile after you updated it):

APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Server:
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS Port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication Type: Not Set
APN Type: default,supl,mms
         or    default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
           (might need to include DUN for hotspot, please note case sensitive)
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
                or  Turn APN on/off APN turned on
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator) type: GID
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator)value: 4D

Need Help? Let's chat.