cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service not functinoing

leelehoux
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My service is not functioning. I received a text message from Public Mobile earlier stating that payment has not been received and that I'm to log into my account and make a payment. My account is setup on Autopay and when I log in, it show that there is nothing owing on the account and that the next payment isn't due until Jan. 26th. This is a business phone and my business is operating today. It's imperative that this issue be resolved immediately. Thank you.

14 REPLIES 14

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@leelehoux wrote:

My service is not functioning. I received a text message from Public Mobile earlier stating that payment has not been received and that I'm to log into my account and make a payment. My account is setup on Autopay and when I log in, it show that there is nothing owing on the account and that the next payment isn't due until Jan. 26th. This is a business phone and my business is operating today. It's imperative that this issue be resolved immediately. Thank you.

@leelehoux  Just some food for thought in planning your business connectivty: 

have given some thought to the issue of service disruptions and have concluded a residential phone service, cellular or landline, alone is not a good solution if you cannot tolerate several days without service.

A business voip service seems to offer the best balance of dependability and price BUT I am not an expert just an interested bystander on business service.

Some reading for you:

VOIP: https://top5voipproviders.com/ca/   and https://www.gonevoip.ca/

STILL WANT PM for the price: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/100-SERVICE/m-p/183753#M33693

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@leelehoux 

public mobile is not a good choice for a business line exactly for this reason... there is a way to improve the reliability of this service but that requires one to prepay instead of relying on auto-pay. almost 2 years and no suspended service with this method of payment. pay 4 days+ before your account renews. leave auto-pay enabled to collect the $2. let the $2 accumulate till it equals the amount of your plan and then enjoy the next month free

amount due-01~3.jpeg

Yes, @leelehoux , that does sound similar to the issue other had before.  Have you open a ticket with PM yet?  they usually reply within an hour or two.   Let us know how it turns out

Anonymous
Not applicable

@leelehoux wrote:

Thanks for the response. Prior to your receiving your message, service was restored and functioning properly but only briefly. It's now not functioning again. I've tried your suggestion but my credit card was getting declined for some reason. I've contacted the credit card company and the card is functioning properly. There is no reason for it to decline. 

@leelehoux 

only them will reset for you, some issue in system for you getting declined 

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,

@leelehoux wrote:

Thanks for the response. Prior to your receiving your message, service was restored and functioning properly but only briefly. It's now not functioning again. I've tried your suggestion but my credit card was getting declined for some reason. I've contacted the credit card company and the card is functioning properly. There is no reason for it to decline. 

@leelehoux  - What does the status say on your Self Serve account or when you call 611?

If you tried too many attempts to pay with your credit card, you may have locked up that card on Public Mobile's end, with some fraud alert, or something.

Wait an hour, then try making a payment again.

When you do, make sure to choose the "OTHER" option and enter the amount you wish to pay (i don't know why, but adding $1 extra dollar tends to help when the system is acting funny).

Then resume service, if payment goes through okay. Reboot your phone.

leelehoux

leelehoux

Thanks for the reply. Voice calls and data are both not working. I've tried opening a ticket with PM Support without success. The steps I've taken are, login to my account, follow the support link upon doing so it asks me to log in again for some reason even though I'm already logged in. When I attempt to log in again, it won't accept my login information. I very much know my login details as I have no issue logging into my account. I've even tried resetting my password several times and still not success. Frustrating!

And to answer your questions. Voice calls and data both not working.

I've also tried clearing cache on my browser and powering down the device and removing the SIM card as you mentioned. Still nothing.

leelehoux

Thanks 0PX904. I'll give that a shot.

pepsi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would like to help u but the given information isnt helpful to assist you. like what do you mean by "Service not functinoing"

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@leelehoux wrote:

@leelehoux  - would you please explain what you mean by "Service not functinoing"?

Does this mean you have no ability to make calls/texts or use data?

If so, try rebooting your phone or perform a reset of the device's network settings.

IF you do have all your services working, then you may have received a text message about your account in error.

*Check your account status by calling 611 OR logging into your Self Serve account to see the status it displays.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@leelehoux 

Check the service outages for your Service Status...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@leelehoux 

your services are working, just ignore these message or email.

if your services Not working,

close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

• Click on Payment
  • Make a Payment
  • one Time Payment 
  • Payment Type: selected other ( Enter the desired payment amount )
  • you will do manually enter Amount:$$ + $1 extra
  • Click ‘Submit’,
  • after payment successful,  you have to do Rebooting your phone
    what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.
  • and how much you pay the extra is will going to your account Available funds:$$ has the amount left, and for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

and if can't fix it you need To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to them can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent,

• send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@leelehoux   So, the account status is showing ACTIVE clearly?

is the phone showing connected to PM network or does it shows "No Network" or "SIM not provisioned" or "No SIM"?

voices calls and data both NOT working?

I believe I saw some posts on similar issue within the last week.  It could be a system glitch

First try to open a ticket with PM Support: (expand the Spoiler for steps)

Spoiler

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

while you are waiting for their reply, try to reseat the SIM (power down the phone first, take the sIM out for a minute before putting it back and power on)

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@leelehoux 

Sounds like your account is active and the payment has indeed been received. No idea why your service is affected. Please send a private message to CS Agent with your account details and they will get your service restored ASAP.

Need Help? Let's chat.