cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Problems Anyone? In General.

allagelman
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Only would occur when I would call a 1-800 phone number. The other line could not hear me almost like I had muted them but I didn't. Aside from that other lines work great. Never had this issue in Alberta. As soon as I moved back to Ontario is when it started. I wonder if its because in Ontario most of the towers are Bell???

16 REPLIES 16

@sheytoon wrote:

Agree it sounds like it could be a network issue, but it's still not related to the towers.

There's a lot more to a cellular network than towers.

I guess for the layman, networks and towers are like tomaytoes tomahtoes...

Agree it sounds like it could be a network issue, but it's still not related to the towers.

There's a lot more to a cellular network than towers.

allagelman

@hTideGnow  It won't be a device issue if it was happening on 3+ different brand new phones. Could be a network issue. Issue undetermined. Never experienced it in Alberta. The second I'm in Toronto area issues. Not hard for me to put together lol. Network.

basil.jpg

Did somebody say Fawlty Towers?

@allagelman wrote:

@hTideGnow  No was not a device issue. Happened on multiple devices. I'm deeming it as a network issue caused by a potential faulty Bell Tower.

Hi @allagelman , No, it won't be caused by  faulty towers.  If it is towers, you won't get to make the call at all

@allagelman again, it's not possible for this to be caused by a faulty tower.

allagelman

@hTideGnow  No was not a device issue. Happened on multiple devices. I'm deeming it as a network issue caused by a potential faulty Bell Tower.

@allagelman wrote:

@hTideGnow  It was random 1-800 #'s. Off and on sorta issue. Maybe was the SIM or could have been a bad cell tower.

HI @allagelman   It sound to me more a device issue than the network.  Try to see if you can arrange a secondary phone to use for couple days and make LOTs of 1800 number and confirm if you have the same issue

Or go with VoIP app when you need to make such calls.  TextNow is a very good choice.

@allagelman wrote:

@hTideGnow  It was random 1-800 #'s. Off and on sorta issue. Maybe was the SIM or could have been a bad cell tower.

Wouldn't be the SIM. It works or it doesn't, it connects to the network or it doesn't, all or nothing. Blaming your phone SIM card for calling issues is like blaming your car ignition key for engine issues.

allagelman

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @allagelman   Does it always happen to the SAME 1-800 number or happen to many of those 1-800 number? 

Did you try your SIM on another phone to call the 1-800?

And you can hear them no problem?

Could be something hard to troubleshoot, maybe you need to have a VoIP app installed for odd calls like these

I've noticed a lot of dropped or muted calls in my area in recent weeks.

Of course, the storms, torrents, floods, blizzards, and flurries might have something to do with it, lol. Roads have been closed and electricity has flickered a lot, no surprise that cellular and internet have been a little sluggish and malfunctional.

These types of issues are not tower related.

allagelman

@computergeek541  Yeah could of just been a bad Bell tower in my area.

@allagelman wrote:

Only would occur when I would call a 1-800 phone number. The other line could not hear me almost like I had muted them but I didn't. Aside from that other lines work great. Never had this issue in Alberta. As soon as I moved back to Ontario is when it started. I wonder if its because in Ontario most of the towers are Bell???

Network issues can happen at any time for a number of reasons.  It can also be dependent on your specific area, no necessarily depenedent on a larger region such as province.  For inermitent issues, you'll probably never find an exact reason for network issues.

Need Help? Let's chat.