cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Opinion

Dkilcup098
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What is everyone’s opinion on the public mobile service? I like the service it has been good to me so far. I’ve been reading a lot of post with ppl having problems adding funds to there accounts. Is it just an online thing or can you call to load your minutes onto your account?

14 REPLIES 14

Doonerz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@dna2016 wrote:

@Dkilcup098, to be honest the only issue I ever had was at the beginning when activating my account, took about 3 days for my data to start working, and outgoing calls weren't working until day 2.  But after that, and 1.5 years later, I've had no problems.  Auto pay has been working perfectly fine, I've purchased a few add-ons over this time and never had an issue.  Referred a number of people and everyone has gotten the rewards they are supposed to get.  Maybe I'm just lucky and all the stars are aligned for me, but I also think people are just doing things incorrectly or rushing the system and constantly hitting the forward and back on their browser.  Haven't had any signal problems and really enjoying this community forum.  So for me I'm 4.5 stars out of 5, and the only reason why I'm not giving 5 out of 5 is because I always believe there's room for improvement Smiley LOL

I am only on one month but so far all has been great! Activation problems were the only issue I had - had to try about 5 times (with one hour between some of them) to get it to work. I was getting kicked out. Porting was easy - took a few minutes only. Mods have been efficient and good to work with (had to change my account PIN), and this community provides quick and informative answers.

As far as coverage - no issues so far. A friend signed up recently after changing from Telus and (naturally) says it is the same.

kevin9054

I'm using more than 1 year, my experience is good, everything working easy thur online.  Adding fund, switch plan is very easy.  Don't like other company need to call calling center to solve your problem.  The service making calls, text message and data runs pretty good and the price so attractive.  Only concern if you want to talk a real person, sorry, they don't provide real person customer service.

Jano
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just signed up and it was fairly easy to get new SIM from London Drugs and activate.  I was wondering if I would have dropped calls, difficulties, etc but those I know that use Public Mobility have had good experiences.  I had to contact my previous carrier Bell via twitter to get the phone unlocked which just took a little time and made me lose phone service for a few hours.  Bell called me to offer an even lower deal that I had but couldn't beat Pub Mobility prices.  Indeed, perhaps there is a price as Bell says for "service" but for $25/month savings, so far so good.  

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dkilcup098, to be honest the only issue I ever had was at the beginning when activating my account, took about 3 days for my data to start working, and outgoing calls weren't working until day 2.  But after that, and 1.5 years later, I've had no problems.  Auto pay has been working perfectly fine, I've purchased a few add-ons over this time and never had an issue.  Referred a number of people and everyone has gotten the rewards they are supposed to get.  Maybe I'm just lucky and all the stars are aligned for me, but I also think people are just doing things incorrectly or rushing the system and constantly hitting the forward and back on their browser.  Haven't had any signal problems and really enjoying this community forum.  So for me I'm 4.5 stars out of 5, and the only reason why I'm not giving 5 out of 5 is because I always believe there's room for improvement Smiley LOL

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

I think it's a good deal. No company is going to always be problem free. Data could be faster. I have the $40 deal that's on now and to get the same deal with any major company would cost at least twice as much, and just because you can talk to a real person when there's a problem doesn't mean that the customer service is any better.

Dkilcup098

I don’t have anymore questions. Also thank you for your opinion it will help with the decision to stay with public mobile or go back to bell

@Dkilcup098 wrote:

computergeek541 Thank you for your positive feedback. I know company’s have kinks and errors to always be working on. I just read a lot of post where ppl had problems loading funds to there account from the online service. Also is there a number to contact a rep of you want to speak to someone or how do you go about contacting them for support 

All customer service for plans that are offered to new customers and most current customers is online only.  There is no phone number to call.

Do you have any other questions?

Dkilcup098

Ok awesome thank you for your help

@Dkilcup098, there is no phone number to call for service.  All service requests are done through sending a private message to the moderators.  

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Dkilcup098

computergeek541 Thank you for your positive feedback. I know company’s have kinks and errors to always be working on. I just read a lot of post where ppl had problems loading funds to there account from the online service. Also is there a number to contact a rep of you want to speak to someone or how do you go about contacting them for support 

Dkilcup098

Thank you 

Dkilcup098

Thank you 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Dkilcup098 wrote:

What is everyone’s opinion on the public mobile service? I like the service it has been good to me so far. I’ve been reading a lot of post with ppl having problems adding funds to there accounts. Is it just an online thing or can you call to load your minutes onto your account?

@Dkilcup098, I have never had any issues with PM (except for expiry of US addon no texting but not a big deal).  You must remember reading the issues people post on here is because it is the way for service and there are thousands of users that don't have any issues and have no need to post.  So you can't use the forum as the only metric on how the service is.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Dkilcup098 wrote:

@Dkilcup098 wrote:

As always, it depends on what you're looking for.  If you don't need the absolute fastest possible data speeds, it's good value for the money, and if you're willing to work to refer anyone you know to join, and if you're willing to be active in these message boards, the "Rewards" (discounts that you earn) can make the pricing unbeatable.

Public Mobile does seem to have more than it's fair share of activation errors and problems with things such as plan changes and payment issues from within the self-serve system.  I've been a customer for more than 2 years, and have not had a single issue.  Be sure that you understand that if you do need help from Public Mobile's customer service team, that some of the time, it takes a few days to receive a response.

Need Help? Let's chat.