cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking help assistance outside of Public Mobile

rej915
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I recently signed up with Public Mobile, like many of you, during the last fall promotion. Unfortunately my experience in dealing with Public mobile has been less than stellar. I was unable to completely switch over services from my previous provider. I have yet to resolve this situation as of this posting.

All the members of my family signed up with Public Mobile during the fall promotion. They all were able to switch over and have not had any issues thus far. However, after activating my phone line on November 19th, it quickly became apparent that my service was not fully functioning. I was not able to receive any incoming calls. Lucky, I did not prematurely cancel my account with my previous provider so I was able to continue to use me old SIM. Being able to receive calls is extremely important to me as both my young children suffer from peanut allergies, and their schools would contact me in the event of an emergency.

After trying multiple suggestions by the many of the helpful users in the community and after numerous failed attempts to garner ANY sort of response from the MODs, I am left with no other option than to take my case to the Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services (CCTS).

Understand that as frustrated as I am, I have remained cordial thus far. I am sure that we were all attracted to this promotion for the features Public Mobile offered with the $40/month plan. Unfortunately this is turning out to be a reminder that you get what you pay for. In closing I would like to make one more recommendation before leaving Public Mobile, in the "Contact Us" section of the website, remove "We'll respond in 48 Hours". You will set a more realistic expectation for new customers and will have less complaints in the future. This is very misleading to prospective customers and clearly poor business practise.

I will be actively looking for a more stable cellular service provider in the future even if it costs a bit more.

Regards,
Jeremy
11 REPLIES 11

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @rej915

Please check private messages 😉 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

rej915
@Shazia_K please update the status of my request. Thanks.

rej915
@Shazia_K I've sent you a PM. Please check your inbox.

rej915
@Shazia_K I have PM'ed you my SIM card number

rej915
Hi @Shazia_K,
Please check your inbox. I have sent you a reply to your pm.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @rej915

I am sorry to hear that  you have been subjected to such a frustrating series of events. 

I see that you ported out your number from Public Mobile therefore, I have nothing to work with (active account)

I will reach out to you via private and look into different suggestions. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

rej915
If anyone from head office would like to discuss this over the phone feel free to call me directly. You have my number. Thanks

rej915
I have already sent @Shazia_K a PM on Nov 21st. She was the first person I attempted to contact. I appreciate the help but this is looking very bad for Public Mobile if they have to wait for their clients to reach this point before any action is taken.

rej915
I composed the above message this morning. At around 9am my number old number was deactivated. I have only my new number to work with now. I have talked to my previous carrier about the deactivation and they informed me that my old number has been ported to Telus. The port is still incomplete. It is classified as not in service when I attempt to call it. I have rebooted my device without any change in status regarding my old number.

The situation has just gone from bad to worse.

ech_786
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am sorry for your bad experience. PM had really workload with this fall promo but they are catching up.

Please let us know how we can help you to bring to back to PM.

I am tagging @Shazia_K here for your help 

ech_786
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am sorry for your bad experience. PM had really workload with this fall promo but they are catching up.

Please let us know how we can help you to bring to back to PM.

I am tagging @Shazia_K here for your help 

Need Help? Let's chat.