cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S3 Compatibility

krazzykanuck
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does anyone know if the Samsung Galaxy S3 is compatible with PM. I'm getting mixed messages. Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There is not such thing as a 2G only Samsung Galaxy S3.  If this phone worked with Fido, it has the hardware in it to work with Public Mobile.  The phone might need to be unlocked, but you can get Fido to provide you an unlock code when you give them the IMEI of the phone.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@krazzykanuck wrote:

Does anyone know if the Samsung Galaxy S3 is compatible with PM. I'm getting mixed messages. Thanks.

Which version of Galaxy s3? Bell, Rogers, Telus version is i747 model.  Do you have that?  T999 will work at Public but only 3g.

krazzykanuck

OK, thanks. That makes sense.

@krazzykanuck wrote:

Thanks. 

I checked the compatibility for PM on willmyphonework and it says that it's not. However, it also says it's not compatible with the carrier (Fido) that it is currently running on???

@krazzykanuck  What is the exact model of your phone? Fido/Rogers still uses 2G so maybe that is why it's working.

krazzykanuck

Thanks. 

I checked the compatibility for PM on willmyphonework and it says that it's not. However, it also says it's not compatible with the carrier (Fido) that it is currently running on???

bridonca

If the phone previously worked with a carrier in Canada, and the phone is unlocked, your Samsung S3 will work with Public Mobile

bridonca

Delete

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@krazzykanuck wrote:

@krazzykanuck What is the make and model of your phone? Did you make sure it's compatible with the PM data network?   Public Mobile has partnered with willmyphonework.net as the new compatibility checker.If you can’t find your make and/ or model, provide feedback directly here.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@krazzykanuck wrote:

https://willmyphonework.net/

Best place to be sure

Need Help? Let's chat.