cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUDDENLY CHARGED $29 for 1GB Monthly - Was only paying $18 for over 4 years !!!!!!!

JimgB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do I reach an ACTUAL PERSON !

PM took $29 out of my Credit Card WITHOUT CONSULTING ME !

My plan has ALWAYS been $18 per month.  1GB data, unlimited txt, Canada-wide calling.

Just checked my credit card and PM charged me $29 freaking bucks - no notice, no explanation.

Criminal work people!

Someone -- GET IN TOUCH WITH ME before I have to blacklist PM from my credit and open a case to reverse the unauthorized MASSIVE jump in payment.

This is ridiculous.

First, I get a notice Txt messages/ or multimedia type server is changing and need to change info in the phone (confirmed on PM community site) and NOW I CANT RECEIVE MULTIMEDIA TXTING.

NOW you quietly take 2X the money from my account for an outdated 1GB plan.... Are you freakin serious !

19 REPLIES 19

@Patfarm  I see they have a plan for 19$ 1GB@ 4G (not 3), so why didn't they switch me to that plan??????

Public Mobile is self serve so it's up to you to keep an eye on what's available. Just select it and schedule it to "change on renewal" otherwise you'll be charged immediately.  Other carriers don't automatically switch you to a better plan either in my experience.

Patfarm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Me too. 28$ and I used to pay 15$.

I see they have a plan for 19$ 1GB@ 4G (not 3), so why didn't they switch me to that plan??????? It's the closest to mine.

edited by computerjgeek541: profanity isn't allowed

JimgB

Thanks folks -- Texting is fully back !

JimgB

Thanks Phil. I see it.

Now try to access my mom's account I foolishly had set for her the other year.

No clue what they are charging here.  All she uses is talk.

The system doesn't recognize my email address now.....

@Sansan wrote:

I believe it's case sensitive.  So must be caps.

Normally lower case is correct but oddly enough on some devices the APN needs to be in caps!

@JimgB This is what you should see when you select the $19 plan (ignore the plan in the pic it's an old picture).

IMG_2198.jpeg

I believe it's case sensitive.  So must be caps.

@JimgB wrote:

Susan.  It didn't work.  I cant send or receive pictures or anything, just plain txt.

@JimgB , for some odd reason sometimes setting the APN to “SP.MB.COM” works better for some customers! Then restart your device.

The rest of what @Sansan typed is correct. If that doesn’t work please ask CS_Agent for help with it. Unfortunately I am not familiar with Android devices. 😞 I have an iPhoone.

Maybe restart might be needed..

JimgB

Susan.  It didn't work.  I cant send or receive pictures or anything, just plain txt.

JimgB

Thanks Susan.  I couldnt edit the APN I had.  So I added a new Public Mobile APN with your details and saved it, then set it.

I'll try it shortly.

You have probably don't have Eversafe ID why you had to create a new. 

No that's too much money, when you sign in there are options to change to.

@JimgB  You should have two options, change on renewal or change now.  If you choose change now yes you are charged immediately and lose the rest of your previous plan but it should be offering "change on renewal" as an option also.

JimgB

Susan -  Thanks I'll try.

Phil - I saw that plan, but when I went to change it, there was a warning that I'd need to PAY NOW the monthly charge, and loose the rest of my previous subscription, WHICH I JUST PAID $29 for !

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@JimgB   While it's still available you can switch to the new $19 1GB 4G plan (not advertised, log in to your account to see it) and then you won't be much worse off especially when you have enough points to take off your bill.

JimgB

Thanks Susan.

The problem is 3 Fold 

1.  I'm recognized as a new customer for some reason

2. They took nearly 2X the monthly amount when my rewards were only about $4-5

3. There are better plans, it makes no sense I'd be paying $29 for 1GB plan ?

---not to mention they took the higher cost without notice,  and my txting doesn't work after the notice about changing the values in your settings (even removed the new profile and reset the originals).

Terryscell
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Possibly this increase is because of the revised rewards system.

You are now charged full plan price each month, and accumulate Points for referrals, a percentage back on payments and (on anniversary date) 10 Points for each year as customer. When you have 15 Points, you manually enter the credit on your account for $15 off the next bill.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@JimgB public does not have live phone support.  If you want to contact them you have to sign into your account and click on chatbot. Or https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

As of this month, you will be loosing the $$ discount. You will now have to pay your full plan amount upfront each month. 

They will give you 5% back on your spending each month.

10 points on your anniversary date

1 point per friend referred. 

1-15 points in helping out in the Community. 

No more loyalty.

When you have accumulated 15 points, you sign into your account and redeem that for $15 off your bill or purchase add-ons.

Check your apn settings if you can't send mms.

See if your phone has the following. If not, delete and add the below 

APN: sp.mb.com

MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMSC proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca

MMS port: 8799

MCC: 302

MNC: 220

APN Type: default,supl,mms

or default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

JimgB

For some reason this community board only sees me as a New in Town....

Get real - I've been here for freakin years - but now that all the extra money was taken from my credit card... now I'm not known?

Someone from Public Mobile needs to reach out ASAP !

Need Help? Let's chat.