cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS on a basic flip phone

ronjnk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Community. I've never done SMS. I've never had a smart phone. I have been a PM customer for years using a LG most basic flip phone simply for voice communications.

I have no idea if my phone has SMS capability. If it does, I have no idea how to use it to receive an SMS code. I am stuck. An institution is sending me SMS codes to activate an account and I can't do it. Very frustrating.
How do I go about using my LG flip phone to do SMS? Thank you so much for your time.

8 REPLIES 8

ronjnk

Outstanding @BKNS27 . That was very helpful. Thank you very much for your help. All the best!

ronjnk

Thank you @szu . I've spent a couple hours on this but am finally making progress. I did find the message center and it is filled with stuff I never knew came in. Mostly junk but some interesting stuff as well. I'll plug along and see if I can master this. I'll mark this as solved since it is obvious some things are being received. Still not clear on the alert system since my last attempt to receive a SMS did not do a thing. I'll retry. Have a good rest of the night and thanks again. All the best!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ronjnk 

Here is a YouTube video on how to text on your LG C-441:

https://youtu.be/VoC5HhkzLuk?si=6eHdSQWQzgbPMJwb 

szu

@ronjnk 

Here is the manual of your phone:

https://cityimgs.cityfoneservices.net/Marketing/manuals/LGF4NR_ENG_FR_UserGuide_Optimized.pdf

Go to pages 30 and 31.  Press button 6 and up direction.  It should show messages.  

ronjnk

Thank you @szu  for your response. The numbers inside say: LG-C441. I'm a bit baffled. I had my phone on, had the institution send a SMS code but the phone did nothing. Is it supposed to ring? How do I know a code has come in? How do I get it to display? Thanks again for your help.

ronjnk

Thank you so much @Chalupa_Batman . I try to keep things simple. This phone has been great for basic voice comm. The numbers inside say: LG-C441. I'm a bit baffled. I had my phone on, had the institution send a SMS code but the phone did nothing. Is it supposed to ring? How do I know a code has come in? How do I get it to display? Thanks again for your help.

szu

@ronjnk 

Which exact model of LG flip phone?

Receiving SMS text should be automatic.  

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @ronjnk 

Pretty much all cell phones, even flip, have SMS. For example, if I send you a text message now, it will come to you as an SMS message. Pretty basic actually. BTW, which LG flip phone is it?

EDIT: It's funny you bring this up. I was going to pick one of these up just because I want to go back to basics.

Flip Phone Amazon US 

Need Help? Let's chat.