cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS not receiving

manjuwils
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am not receiving sms on my public mobile phone number. When i sending sms its showing sms sent but the recipient not receiving it . It was all working good in the past . since last 3 days i am experiencing this .Please help me.

12 REPLIES 12

@manjuwils   In case you're not sure how to edit/delete your tel. #, just click the downward arrow top right of your post and then select edt/delete your number from both of your posts.  This is a public forum so it's not a good idea to share any personal information here.

manjuwils

Yes, i did. Its success ful

manjuwils

LG velvet

@manjuwils  

did you try sending text to multiple people and all got the problem?  Or just one particular one?

And you are certain you are sending as traditional sms and NOT iMessage or RCS?  Check the colour of the text and you can tell:

Chat-SMS.png

I see you doubled down lol, you should remove your #, do you have an iphone? android? model etc

manjuwils

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

@manjuwils  Please update your post and  remove your phone number for your protection This is an open forum.

@JL9  was asking you what type, brand and model, of your phone

manjuwils

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@manjuwils 

Perhaps performing a Reset of your device's Network Settings will correct your issue.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

If you are an android user, see some troubleshooting found here: https://parsons-technology.com/how-do-i-reset-my-sms-settings-on-my-android/

JL9
Mayor / Maire

What phone do you have?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@manjuwils 

Check your Settings>Messages>enable iMessages, enable Send as SMS and enable MMS messaging.

Also check Settings>Cellular>enable Cellular Data.

They should all be turned on.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When was your renewal of plan. Make sure your payment was successful. 

Are other services working? If only sms is working, restart the device and re-seat the SIM card.

Need Help? Let's chat.