cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS in India

BKPATEL_CA
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am going to India and I want check, can I receive SMS send from Canada in India on my phone or not. 

I am public Mobile customer since 2 yrs. and I have 3G $25 plan. 

5 REPLIES 5

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@BKPATEL_CA 

to keep in touch with peeps back in Canada, I suggest you download the free voip app TextNow. You'll select a free Cdn number so people can call and text you whilst you're in India. You'll be able to call and text most any Cdn and US number...all for free. Textnow works using your wifi or separately purchased data while in India. TextNow works for most any US and Cdn number.

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @BKPATEL_CA , 

Currently, Public Mobile only offers roaming within the US. You will likely need to purchase a local pre-paid calling card/SIM while in India in order to communicate within that country. Otherwise you can perform calls/texts/ and video calls through Wifi using Apps like Whatsapp, TextNow, FB Messenger, etc.

@BKPATEL_CA Nope, outside of Canada and the USA there is no service, roaming or otherwise.

BKPATEL_CA
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can we add roaming for India?

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@BKPATEL_CA There is no Public Mobile service outside of Canada and the USA. I use data esims when I travel and have a number from TextNow to use over data.

Need Help? Let's chat.