cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS Photo Messaging with iPhone

bizu12345
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello all, just wondering if anybody else had this issue where you send at least 3 photos through SMS or MMS at once and the recipient only gets 1 or 2 of the photos, and the more photos I send at a time the less they receive. For example, I was sending 13 photos at once but the recipient only received 5. I tried sending it one by one and it improved, but they still only received 9 of the photos

5 REPLIES 5

jlarocque96
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You are welcome for the help,.. ish... hope you convince them to download whatsapp haha!

bizu12345

Yes I definetly use WhatsApp whenever I can 🙂 unfortunately the receiver never wants to download it haha. That is a good thing to test, I did find that when I send images one by one instead of all together at once, it’s more consistent and all images usually do get received, but there’s still a bit of delay In between receiving each image. For example he received the first three images i sent right away, but the fourth image was 2-3 minutes after, and the fifth image 2-3 minutes after that. Thanks for your guys’ help!

bizu12345

The filtering and automatic image compressing does sound interesting, this could be a factor In it? I don’t think it’s a limit on the receivers end as I used Rogers before sending images to the same friend’s number and they received all images, so I think it could be PM’s side, but I think it’s more consistent when I send images one by one

jlarocque96
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I would be interested for you to test with your friend. Send him photos and add one extra photo on and see if all it lets you send is 5 at once to him.

I don't use MMS much but I always find the image quality restricting. And I have also had issues with non PM service providers sending images. Sometimes it's image file type that is incompatible on the other phone.

Not sure if this is an option for you to use depending on data plan, but WhatsApp is sooooo much better for image quality. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@bizu12345 ,

Perhaps it is a limit on the receiver's end?

Could it be the app you are using on your phone?

See @mpcdesign 's post here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Size-limit-on-picture-texting/m-p/544...

OR some kind of filtering on PM's side, labelling it as spam filtering?

There is something written in the "Service Terms", but it may not be this...?

Wording goes like this:

"Will my Public Mobile services always work in Public Mobile coverage areas? We monitor our networks to keep them running continuously. However, there are times when Public Mobile must temporarily suspend or restrict the service to maintain, restore or repair the network. Also, to ensure fair network access to all users, Public Mobile may manage network resources using methods including, but not limited to:

• Allocation of bandwidth, which may limit the availability or speed of data service;

Filtering for spam and malicious content, which may occasionally result in unintended blocking of inoffensive content; and

• Restricting the network access available to specific transmission protocols."

Need Help? Let's chat.