cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM not working

nholsapp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

just transferred from Telus to public mobile and kept the same phone number. When I put the SIM into my phone, it’s doesn’t connect to the provider.  What do I have to do?

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@nholsapp  - try performing a Reset of your device's Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

edit, to rule out a device setting/issue, try the SIM card into another compatible phone to see if it works.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @nholsapp can yor make calls?  or you cannot make and receive calls?

if just problem with receiving calls, it's problem with porting

if nothing works, in and out calls, its sim provisioning.  

Let us know and we can suggest 

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@nholsapp you may have a provisioning problem with the account  you will need to open a ticket, to speak to a customer service agent    Click here or if you are having issues with Simon you can send private message to a CS Agent here:  https://bit.ly/2GGCJzH

nholsapp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did receive the request.

Did that reset a couple of times. Still not working. 

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@nholsapp hi did you receive the transfer request? take the sim out and reseat it reboot phone see if that helps 

Need Help? Let's chat.