cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM locked - PUK locked - need code

Jh6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don’t know how (had the phone with PM for months) but my son’s phone’s SIM is locked and I need a PUK code to unlock. Where do I find that? Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Find your PUK: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/where-to-find-your-puk

- SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK - is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

- SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI (dial *#06# to get it) and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

- PIN unlock key (PUK) is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card.

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card.

If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.

Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

Only Public Mobile's Customer Support Agents (CSA) can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot.

Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly 10 times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Jh6 

Click below and type, "Need PUK" in the "Chat with Simon" link

Get Help (publicmobile.ca)

Follow precise instructions the chatbot gives based on PUK messaging you are getting.

Need Help? Let's chat.