Did you mean: 

SIM for an old phone LG C555 ?

LG19
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I activate an old phone LG C555 on the public Mobile carrier

10 REPLIES 10

hi @LG19 glad it works!!

thanks for the update 

Your iphone had a Public sim in it? If so then t That's the whole beauty of actually testing things. That was a good suggestion by the other member. Interesting that only one of them works. Bluetooth should be no problem. It will be interesting to see if you get HSPA data.

LG19

I have two of these old LG C555 phone. One is now up and running with the SIM from my Iphone on Public Mobile network. Second is not: Might be the battery but both are model C555. The working phone can text and call. HAve not tried email or bluetooth yet. Thanks people . LG19

LG19

I have two of these old LG C555 phone. One is now up and running with the SIM from my Iphone. Second is not. Might be the battery but both are model C555. It will text and call. HAve not tried email or bluetooth yet. Thanks people . LG19

HI @dust2dust 

yes, i have that link but C550 and C555 are pretty much the same phone from what I understand

it is an old phone, so, best to test it out with the proper sim or avoid if OP has to buy it

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow- That's the C550 not C555. May be the same but can't be certain.
@HALIMACS- Not for UMTS.

@LG19- It was a little harder to find these specs but corroborating from a couple sources no the phone won't work at all here. At all.

HI @HALIMACS  i got it from GSMarena showing otherwise

https://www.gsmarena.com/lg_optimus_chat_c550-3837.php

But for @LG19 best to test it out if you have the phone with you.  Put a PM/Koodo/Telus or even Bell sim card and test it

But if you don't have it yet, you need to buy it, avoid.  It is an old phone anyway

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

I believe it may work @LG19 

The frequencies displayed here suggest 1900

https://www.newegg.com/amp/lg-optimus-chat-2-8-black-silver/p/N82E16875136190R

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @LG19 

No, it work work, especially for voice.  You need 1900 and 850 , and this one does not have it

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@LG19 

looks like it has some 3G bands...900/1700/2100. Kinda old though don'tcha think.

ed

Need Help? Let's chat.