cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card thinks it's from the USA not Canada

diddlestheclown
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't make or receive all phone calls and most text messages aren't being delivered or sent. The recorded message when you call my phone says "your call cannot be completed as your plan does not include a US Roaming add-on"

7 REPLIES 7

And that fixed the incoming? Very interesting incoming situation.

diddlestheclown

Thank you. Unlike my previous attempts, this time rebooting my phone did make a difference

@diddlestheclown that should work

Try reboot the phone once.  Then go back to the network selection screen and make sure it is still at Manual and not Automatic, make sure Public Mobile is selected , the test

diddlestheclown

When I switch to manual it just tells me that I am already registered with the system, and didn't solve the issue.

When I try to dial out it just gives the standard "sorry your call cannot be completed as dialed", it's everyone else's phones that tell them there call cannot be completed as they do not have a US roaming add-on 

@diddlestheclown try this.  Change the Network selection from automatic to manuall and then pick Public Mobile from this list.  This will lock thr network to PM and it should resolve your issues 

diddlestheclown

I live in High River, Alberta which is roughly 200km north of the border

Are you close to the border? This could possibly because of a connection to a US network.

Need Help? Let's chat.