cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not working in phone

Teddy1234
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello... I purchased a phone off ebay (Blackberry DTEK50) and Sim will not work in it. I checked the IEMI number before activating sim and it said it was compatible. Not lost or stolen. It only displays no service or emergency calls only. When I go to networks the only one that shows is EXT 2G. When I click on it...says cant connect, try again later.

6 REPLIES 6

Teddy1234

Also...will a reset mabey help?

Teddy1234

Will my phone work with Roger's then?

@Teddy1234 wrote:

Hello... I purchased a phone off ebay (Blackberry DTEK50) and Sim will not work in it. I checked the IEMI number before activating sim and it said it was compatible. Not lost or stolen. It only displays no service or emergency calls only. When I go to networks the only one that shows is EXT 2G. When I click on it...says cant connect, try again later.

Ext 2g is Rogers. You can't use that.  If that is the only network showing up, this means that there is either no Public Mobile signal at that location, the phone is incompatible, or that the phone has mistakenly been set to use only 2g networks (which Public Mobile doesn't have).

The phone is already unlocked.  This being an Android-based device, it would have prompted for an unlocked code if it were locked to a different carrier.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Can you try the sim in a different phone? 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Teddy1234 wrote:

You can try to go on willmyphonework.com to see if it's a compatible phone...?

seanwong080
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Theres not many options for what could be wrong... 

either its carrier locked or the imei is blacklisted.

devicecheckcanada can check if your imei is clean

if the phone is locked, it can be unlocked by the carrier that issued it for free. try a different sim card and see if it works. if you know it came from Rogers, try a Rogers,chatr,fido sim card and it should work. 

If both options dont work, open the phone. or bring it to a shop to investigate. something could be broken/misssing that is messing with reception. 

Need Help? Let's chat.