cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not working in phone

Teddy1234
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello... I purchased a phone off ebay (Blackberry DTEK50) and Sim will not work in it. I checked the IEMI number before activating sim and it said it was compatible. Not lost or stolen. It only displays no service or emergency calls only. 

Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12

Teddy1234

Phone died so will try it later and get back to you. Thanks.

@Teddy1234 Couldn't hurt, try leaving the SIM card in while you do it,

Teddy1234
  • I did a reset a few days ago before signing up with public mobile. Should i do another one?

@Teddy1234 Try a factory reset, make sure everything you want to keep is off the phone first.
Turn the phone off, then hold the power button and volume down buttons until the blackberry logo appears, when the screen changes to the boot loader press the power button again and hold it for 10+ seconds until it resets, wait for it to finish then reboot the phone.

Teddy1234

The sim does work in another phone.

Teddy1234
  • The only network that pops up is EXT 2G. When I click on it..it says cant connect.

@Teddy1234Try going to Apps --> Settings --> More --> Mobile Networks --> Preferred Network Types select LTE/UMTS/GSM auto, then to back to Mobile Networks and select Network Operators, if Public Mobile or Telus is listed select it.

Would you be able to try the SIM in a different phone? Even borrow someones.

Teddy1234

It says unknown do I guess its unlocked.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@Teddy1234 On your phone, go to Options > Advanced Options > Sim Card then type MEPD, in the new menu look for Network, if it's "unlocked", it should say Disabled or Inactive, if it says Active, it's still locked.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Teddy1234 wrote:

Hello... I purchased a phone off ebay (Blackberry DTEK50) and Sim will not work in it. I checked the IEMI number before activating sim and it said it was compatible. Not lost or stolen. It only displays no service or emergency calls only. 

Thanks.

Make sure phone is unlocked. Make sure phone is compatible with PM : https://willmyphonework.net/

Teddy1234
Spoiler
Yes account says active.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Teddy1234 Is it detecting the SIM? Check your self-serve account and make sure it says that your account is Active.
Need Help? Let's chat.