cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card doesn't work in a quad-band GSM phone

mbm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought and activated a SIM card at Walmart for my old basic quad-band GSM phone but it doesn't work. Only emergency service is available. Is there anything I can try other than buying another phone or have I just wasted fifty bucks? The phone in question is an unlocked dual-SIM Blu Tank T190i. The IMEI check on the Get Started page says that the phone should work. Can I request a refund for the plan, which I can't use? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

mbm

@computergeek541 wrote:

That's correct.  You'll only be able to use a 2g gsm phone on Rogers.  And even then, Rogers will be shutting down the 2g network in a couple of years.

OK, that's what I thought... So, can I ask for a refund and how can I do this? 

@mbm wrote:

I am not quite following. There is no difference between the SIM1 and SIM2 functionality as far as I know. However, yes, I've tried both. It seems to me that Public Mobile is not compatible with 2G only GSM phones... I am guessing the phone has to be at least 3G...

That's correct.  You'll only be able to use a 2g gsm phone on Rogers.  And even then, Rogers will be shutting down the 2g network in a couple of years.

mbm

I am not quite following. There is no difference between the SIM1 and SIM2 functionality as far as I know. However, yes, I've tried both. It seems to me that Public Mobile is not compatible with 2G only GSM phones... I am guessing the phone has to be at least 3G...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@mbm, according to the link provided, SIM 2 should work.  Have you tried that?

Need Help? Let's chat.