cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card change

Bunzy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I followed the steps properly to change my Sim card and now it says there is a problem with the Sim card Why is that

16 REPLIES 16

"Once you have verified your code, click “submit” to complete your SIM card change, and you’re all set!"

did you click Submit after you enter the code you got from your email (or SMS)??

There shouldn't be another step to verify identity... or post your screens hot (cover your personal info or SIM #)

Bunzy

Now it’s saying to verify my identity but my verification code was right but I got to verify my identity where do I go to do that

Bunzy

No I just finally got a new Sim card because my town don’t sell them so I am about to activate a new one but what steps do I go by I went to plans in add-ons and went to change them entered the same card number with the checkmark green beside it and pressed email and now I am going to get the code and put it in is that correct

@Bunzy .. so, the SIM swap completed without issue??  All good now?

Bunzy

Just swap SIM card cuz other one was damaged 

@Bunzy wrote:

Yes I swapped out my old Sim card and put a brand new Sim card and I bought today

@Bunzy 

Just making sure details here. 

Did you lose your old SIM card or is it damaged in some way, thus the reason to SWAP the SIM number under your account?

OR, are you trying to activate a whole new Account/SIM card with new phone number?

@Bunzy wrote:

No but how many times do I get to try it before they lock the Sim card out and lock my account

@Bunzy  What was the exact error message?

I don't think it will lock your account.  PM used to lock the SIM card for an hour after first attempt and a failed activation but this measure is no longer in place.  But stil, I think you can try it again after an hour.   

If it does not work still, I think you should open ticket with mod  Customer Support Agent and  have them to check and maybe they can resolve it for you.

Bunzy

No but how many times do I get to try it before they lock the Sim card out and lock my account

Bunzy

Yes I swapped out my old Sim card and put a brand new Sim card and I bought today

Bunzy

Oops sorry something went wrong log out and log back in and try again

@Bunzy wrote:

It says oops something went wrong sign out and sign in again and I’ve done that twice maybe three times already and it still sends me to that page saying to log out and log back in and try again

@Bunzy have you tried a tab in incognito mode, and doing it this way?

Bunzy

It says oops something went wrong sign out and sign in again and I’ve done that twice maybe three times already and it still sends me to that page saying to log out and log back in and try again

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Bunzy 

What was the problem?

Activating on the computer?

Porting your old number?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Bunzy wrote:

I followed the steps properly to change my Sim card and now it says there is a problem with the Sim card Why is that

@Bunzy 

Was the SIM card you swapped out your old one with a NEW SIM card?

SIM cards can only be used once, and once deactivated or used on an old account they cannot be used again.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Bunzy 

What is the exact message you are getting and from what source?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bunzy 

i suggest you can try it for a different Browser
and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

for microsoft edge how to update your browser visit Here 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

How To Change Your SIM Card, visit Here for more information.

the SIM change functionality has been re-enabled in My Account, now with an additional security step: 2 factor authentication to further protect against SIM card fraud.In order to change the SIM card associated with your account, you must now verify your request through a one-time security code that will be sent via SMS or email.To change your SIM card, please follow the below steps:

1. Log into your My Account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Change SIM Card
  3. Enter your new SIM card number
  4. Select where you would like your 6-digit security verification code to be sent to. You can choose to have the code sent to your email, or via SMS to your phone number. If you do not have access to your phone or cannot receive SMS, please select the email option.
  5. Check your email or phone for your security code, and input the code into the page
  6. Click “Verify Code”

Please note: after 5 failed attempts to verify your security code, your account will be locked, and you will need to have your account unlocked and your SIM card manually updated by an agent by submitting a ticket.

1. Once you have verified your code, click “submit” to complete your SIM card change, and you’re all set!

Need Help? Let's chat.