cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM activated but no confirmation text

hnazar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated my SIM card today, and had to restart the phone before it worked, but now it's receiving texts and the network reads 'Public Mobile.' However I never received a confirmation text that my account was switched over (I approved the transfer message from my old provider). 

3 REPLIES 3

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@hnazar 

for activated the confirmation text sometime not getting or is going to your email,

maybe not successful the port in is still on processing,

ensure that you have received a validation SMS text from your previous service provider, and that you have followed the instructions in the message within 90 minutes to approve the number transfer.
Your old SIM card must be inside your device and your account with your previous provider must still be active so you can receive and respond to the SMS and authorize the request. Please do not replace your old SIM card with your Public SIM until you have responded to this message SMS reply YES
To given the approval to transfer your old number to new provider.

If the previous troubleshooting steps didn’t work, and it has taken more than 2 hours to transfer your mobile number, you will need the help of a Customer Support Agent. Chatbot

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@hnazar can you receive phone calls and texts ? If so your transfer was complete check your junk folder for confirmation text

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@hnazar 

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

If still issues, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

Or, you can try calling the Telus porting phone number, which we are not supposed to post here. So, check your private messages I will send it to you there.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Need Help? Let's chat.