cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM PUK Locked

Oravka22
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, my current SIM is PUK Locked and I need help with this issue. I have 10 tries. Thank you. 

10 REPLIES 10

Oravka22

That's a great advice. Yes, it seems only the Koodo SIM is locked with PUK and that happened using thier 1234 "code" to unlock SIM to start with. I was redirected to FB to leave a mesage there and the 2nd day now, no one from Koodo even looked at the message, forget about getting a response or help. Very disappoined over here during my locked down. I am not satisfied with Koodo any longer with clients services side of business and that's why I am here. Thank you. I was wondering which choise, you are right. Amazon will be much faster and I need a new PM SIM asap to have a phone service again. 

@Oravka22 if your phone was used on Koodo, it can be used on PM without problem  No unlock code needed (Koodo and PM are both part of Telus family)

You need a sim card for PM for activation.   If you cannot find it from stores close to you, get it from Amazon instead if you have Prime membership.   Do not get it from PM site, it can take 3 weeks

Try this amazon link

https://www.amazon.ca/Public-Mobile-Card-Unlocked-Phones/dp/B07R6P5KBB/ref=asc_df_B07R6P5KBB/?tag=go...

Oravka22

I understand. I explained I am becoming a client and menawhile needed to have this unlocked. PM has live agents who are present in live chats. This is a great bonus to Koodo who doesn't do that any more. 

This is Public Mobile Community; nothing to do with Koodo. Call Koodo support. Or try big papa - Telus they might help you out. PM has no live support to call either.

Oravka22

I am going to be a client soon, need to get Public SIM first, all stores in small town are not open today to purchase one. I was hoping that another Telus company could help me with unlocking Koodo SIM meanwhile. 

@Oravka22 are you trying to use a koodo card here at Public? you can't do that sorry 

@Oravka22 wrote:

Thank you. I tried this. The SIM card is my current one from Koodo. The process I followed doesn't seem to be taylerod for this? 

Oravka22

The message is PUK Locked. Your SIM cannot be accessed. Please call your carrier to obtain your PUK code. My current carrier is Koodo *under Telus, and they have no number or live chat reps either. I have no alternative phone and currently am one week in a self isolation due to severe flu. 😞 Bummer. 😞 

Oravka22

Thank you. I tried this. The SIM card is my current one from Koodo. The process I followed doesn't seem to be taylerod for this? 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Oravka22 what was the exact message?  there are different kinds of PUK and each has different way to deal with

If it is a Samsung and if the message is "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." 

call  Samsung 1-800-726-7864, The only info you will need to provide for a master unlock was the IMEI and where the phone was purchased

If the message is “PIN unlock key (PUK)” or "Enter PUK Your SIM cannot be accessed",

open a ticket with PM Support using this direct link:  https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Oyn1L6

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

If the message is "SIM network unlock PIN"

You have to ask the carrier where you got the phone from for the carrier unlock code. (PM would not be able to help with this) 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Oravka22  hi did you sim lock your phone? follow this link  https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Oyn1L6

Need Help? Let's chat.