cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Not Supported

lam365
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an iPhone 6S that is supposedly unlocked.  I set the Find My to "off" so that the activation lock would be off.  The Carrier under Settings>General>About indicates Public Mobile 50.0.1 yet the phone still gives me the SIM not supported message "The SIM That you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy."  My number was ported over 24 hours ago.  I am also now getting a message that the phone number registered to my Apple ID is not associated with this Phone.  What do I need to do to get my SIM working?  Will my old carrier be able to unlock the phone even though it says it is Public Mobile?

Thanks in advance for any help.

5 REPLIES 5

lam365
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you @computergeek541, @BKNS27 , @softech , The phone was locked with the previous carrier and unrelated to porting.  Carrier Lock must say No SIM Restrictions.  The carrier was able to unlock without me going into a store.  Much better than the websites that would unlock for $30+ online.

@computergeek541 

Yes I agree that the phone could be locked but the OP indicated that the Apple ID didn’t show the registered phone number so I thought it could also be a porting issue. Just checking to see if OP has gone through the porting process correctly.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@lam365 

Did you reply to the text from your previous carrier confirming you are porting your number over to PM with the old SIM in your phone? There is a 90 minute window for you to reply or the porting will be cancelled.

Then reboot your phone by powering the phone off by holding down the power button then power off.

The phone is locked to another carier and that issue is unrelated to number porting.

@lam365 

Sorry, but your phone isn't unlocked, but yes, the old carrier can get it unlocked.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@lam365 

Did you reply to the text from your previous carrier confirming you are porting your number over to PM with the old SIM in your phone? There is a 90 minute window for you to reply or the porting will be cancelled.

Then reboot your phone by powering the phone off by holding down the power button then power off.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@lam365   We saw so many phones that "supposingly unlocked" turned out to be still locked.

Please open Settings and tap General -> About -> Carrier Lock.   An unlocked iPhone will say No SIM Restrictions.

Also, can you test your PM sim in another phone?

and is your phone still working with another sim card?  if so, what carrier is that sim card  from?

Need Help? Let's chat.