cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Has Gone Dark (No Service)

Neives
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

New member, had some difficulties starting up, but thanks to the wonderful @Mary_M, those problems had been resolved and I had my full service up and running, for the past couple days approx. However, I now seem to have a new problem. 

At some point during the night all my service has been cut off and now my phone says it can do emergency calls only. I have restarted the phone, to no effect, and also turned the phone off, taken the SIM out and put it back in again, turned the phone on and received the same result. Other people around me who are on Bell/Telus are not experiencing service issues, so I don't believe problems with the towers and such is the cause.
I am connected to WiFi right now, and my email shows that I received a message from my prior carrier saying that they were sorry to see me go and that service to my phone number (the one I had ported to this Public Mobile account) would be discontinued early this morning. So, since they operate off Bell/Telus towers, I'm assuming that that for some reason has kicked my phone and it's number off connected service, even though it should be held as active with Public Mobile.

I have sent a PM to @Mary_M a few hours ago, but she seems to be busy or something at the moment.

Is there anyone else who could possibly help?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Neives
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Problem resolved! Thanks @Shazia_K! And also thanks to the fellow citizens for your input!

sportymi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome to the PM family!

That is so wierd. Hope your problem get resolved soon.

Hey @Neives

I'm sorry about this, 

As @Chaos_Scorpio mentioned, Mary is resting in bed today as it's her day off 😉 

I will be glad to assist you, please send me a private message with your Public Mobile account info. 

Thanks, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Mary is off today, @Shazia_K can look at it.

Need Help? Let's chat.