cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Cards only available online?

ehpublic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Recently, I have recommended Public Mobile to three people who were transitioning from other carriers.  The problem is, it seems that SIM cards are only available online... they are no longer available for purchase locally! 😞 

Most people will not wait 5-10 business days to receive their SIM's when they make the decision to change carriers.  This 'cooling off" period just sends them to the competition. I think Telus/Public Mobile has made a BIG mistake since similarly priced/featured plans are readily available locally.

Public Mobile just lost 3 new customers!

6 REPLIES 6

PM has 50% promo for SIMs. Good deal with a little bit of waiting for delivery.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

While this change may inconvenience some , this is PM getting back to it roots and going back to an online only provider.  As you mentioned Prices are similar and I think PM is trying to be different again.  We saw that with the re-introduction of 4G plans.  

It isn't as if this is totally new way, many people here probably don't know that PM used to be online only for SIMS

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @ehpublic 

I have to agree they should make sim card more accessible.

But since they removed in store activation, stores are not getting commission anymore, no one would help to sell the sim card

But I checked my local Koodo store, they carry the sim card for $10 + tax

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Not very efficient and to be honest it seems to actually be a lot longer than 5-10 business days and only getting worse. Before when many other stores or businesses could provide/sell them it was easier but they have shut many of those down which just hurts accessibility and causes issues like you stated

dorchestergirl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Call around to the Telus/Koodo stores. I bought one yesterday, but they had just received their replacement stock.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@ehpublic I agree with you 100% but you can still get them at a koodo or telus outlet , but yes they are getting harder to come by 

Need Help? Let's chat.