cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calling to usa not working

Eirene
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have 2 holyday special 500min international calling, both  unused, and now i need to call to the USA, but it keeps saying that the phone number is not available in my area... why? area code is 844

2 REPLIES 2

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Eirene 

844 is toll free number (just like 1-800).  Whether we can from Canada depends on the setup of that number by its owner.  Some numbers are setup to be called within US only , a Long distance call from Canada would not work .  This is likely in this case and it has nothing to do with your ability to call US from your PM phone

So, a workaround is to get TextNow which give you free calls within Canada and US.  But to make it works, you need to pick a US phone number, not Canadian, from TextNow when you sign up and it should work then 

If that still does not work, you can to reach out to that company and ask them for a local number (not the toll free 1-844), then you can use your US calling to call that local number

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Holiday bonus minutes should work for US calls.

Holiday Addon 2021 International Long Distance calling add-on covers the following countries:

Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela.

Try to reboot phone; check if you still see those bonuses on your account.

If everything fails, contact agent for clarification.

To contact CSA-agent, there are 2 methods:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

If ticketing does not work very first time, contact agent directly.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking Here

Need Help? Let's chat.