cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Activation

Swimmer22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased a new phone as well as a new SIM card. I cannot activate it online because the program thinks I am a new customer and I have to create a new account (cannot login in on my account).

I then logged in on my account and changed the SIM card number but that does not appear to have worked either. I did not see any button to say activate after I changed the number.

Does anyone have a suggestion?  Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Swimmer22 no need to click "activate "  A change sim card request would be all you need

At the Change Sim card page, enter the new card number,  click OK.  Reboot the phone after 5 mins, should be good

gjbennett
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did you intend to replace your old phone with the new one, or were you hoping to set up a second phone with a new number?  Your post is not clear on this point.  If you just bought a new phone to replace your old one, all you needed to do was to take the SIM from your old phone and put it in your new one.  If you can explain what you were trying to do in a little more detail, we should be able to help you with this.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hold on, @Swimmer22 

What are you trying to do?

If you purchased a new phone, you don't need a new SIM card if you are an EXISTING customer here.  You simply put the prior SIM card in the new device.

If you LOST the old SIM card (or it is otherwise unusable for whatever reason due to damage, etc), then you update the SIM number in the self-serve site, then insert it in the new device, reboot and it should be good to go.

Need Help? Let's chat.