cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rollover data on $15 plan

starman85
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I'm currently on a $15 250MB plan. Would it possible to rollover unused data?

Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14

@EB0   Interesting, I don't get that when I access the site (except with your link).

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@starman85 wrote:

@slusagmThanks for your reply. It would be nice to have such a feature for minimalist users.

Yes, it will be nice to have minutes and data roll-over until anniversary and then reset to initial amount. That will be BIG PLUS for PM but it will not happened.

@EB0  koodo  new $15 plan 500MB 4G is way better than the old public mobile $15 250MB 3G, double the data and higher speed.

Is that some kind of special targeted deal?  On their website all I see for $15 is 250MB at 3G speed with 100 talk minutes and unlimited Canada-only text only messaging (not international and not picture messages) and expensive extra data ($13 for 100MB).

EB0

@starman85 

data rollover  it’s nice to have, I think fizz has it, you can rollover data up to two months.

public mobile isn’t going to have rollover any time soon

EB0

@maurellethanks for the information 

koodo  new $15 plan 500MB 4G is way better than the old public mobile $15 250MB 3G, double the data and higher speed.

maurelle
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@starman85 wrote:

@HALIMACS @EB0 

Thanks for your replies. I do have bonus data from More the Merrier promo as well as loyalty reward from switching to the new public points system. Just saying that PM could make rollover data available since Koodo has the feature in their prepaid plans.

Actually... While I don't know about previous versions of Koodo's prepaid $15 plans, the one that's currently offered has foot notes number 8 and 9 besides the "500MB at 4G speed" line, foot note 8 clearly stating that "Included data does not roll over at the end of 30 days."

Screenshot 2024-06-28 19.18.57.png

Koodo data boosters seem to be non-expiring, though.

maurelle
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@starman85 wrote:

@slusagmThanks for your reply. It would be nice to have such a feature for minimalist users.

Public Mobile is not interested in keeping people that are "minimalist users"

- Regular data add-ons didn't have an expiry date and would last low data users a very long time, in some cases years. Public Mobile slapped a 30 day expiry on those data add-ons, so use it or lose it.

- When they pulled the plug on the old rewards program, they got the glorious idea to offer us an add-on gift. Making sure that it was of very little to no use to most of us by a) giving out crazy amounts (to be used after your plan data was used up), b) having it expire within 150days and c) taking it away if you chose to downgrade your plan to make use of the add-on.

- Public Mobile changed the $15 to unlimited Talk & Text with no data (existing "old" $15 plans are grandfathered so far) and then took even that option away from existing customers, who now have $19/1GB as the lowest option to switch to.

edit: Sorry, slow typer... Looks like you'll have to binge watch some videos on your phone to use up that data gift in the next 5 or 6 weeks. Re: roll-over at Koodo... Koodo is also a Telus brand - the mothership hopes that you find one version of plan within their brands and try not to duplicate offerings. Also seen by the fact that Telus prepaid has a $100/year plan that, with the promo code, offers unlimited talk and text... considerably better than $15/30days for the same features at Public Mobile.

starman85

@HALIMACS @EB0 

Thanks for your replies. I do have bonus data from More the Merrier promo as well as loyalty reward from switching to the new public points system. Just saying that PM could make rollover data available since Koodo has the feature in their prepaid plans.

Won't happen @starman85 

Their goal is to move 'minimalist' users to become larger data users.

More money in their pockets.

starman85

EB0

Sorry,  o rollover unused data, it resets every 30 days, even paid data add-on expires in 30 days.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@starman85 

The ONLY data which 'rolls' over from cycle to cycle is gifted or bonus data which is not tied to the plan itself. (such as data previously given during prior More the Merrier campaigns)

The caveat to this rollover rule is data which was added to Legacy reward holders for being forced to switched to Public Points.  That data expires 150 days from the day it was applied.

slusagm

no rollover unused data.. sorry 

Need Help? Let's chat.