cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

dordorjuu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I understand that PM is different from Telus or Koodo but I have some questions regarding roaming. I know they don't have easy roam, but does that mean I won't incur accidental roaming charges. I got on the ferry to Vancouver Island often and I always accidentally pickup us network when I was with Telus. I guess it won't happen with pm then?

Also what do you guys find to be the best roaming package? The 15 days roaming with talk, text and data? I wish there was a day pass option but doesn't seem like there is.

2 REPLIES 2

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

But don't leave it on manual network when you do go to the states. Let it automatically connect.

I think the 3gb is excessive. But I'm a low usage user. I can get by using wifi. I don't need live navigation and traffic so mobile data isn't necessary with offline maps and optionally gps (which also doesn't need data).

The roaming here is the best value and to even be available. Talk is a problem in many places though.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dordorjuu PM is prepaid provider, so no worry about accidental roaming, if you don't pay ahead, you won't be able to use roaming

for your issue, it is just because the phone is set to automatic and picked up the stronger US signal

To avoid  it, just check the network selection from Automatic to manual and select Public Mobile

And sorry, no day pass, 15 days is the only time frame they provide

Need Help? Let's chat.