cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in the US, can you purchase 20 days up front

rdhillon66
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am travelling to the US from BC and see I can buy a 10 day roaming package.  We are gone for 14 days and am wondering if I can buy two, 10 day plans at once?  I would like to take care of this before I leave so I don't have any problems on day 11.  Does anyone know how to do this?  

5 REPLIES 5

ve7rhf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Since you can only add one 10 day roaming bundle and can’t extend it until it expires – and it can take 24 hours after it expires before you can add it for another 10 days - and you want to have uninterrupted roaming, here is what we do.

At start of trip

Purchase the US Roaming Bundle – Talk Text 250 Data (10 day) for $20

On the last day of the 10 – purchase these available add-ons
US Roaming – Talk Text (10 day) for $15
and

US Roaming – 250MB Data (10 day) for $10

And so on – the second 10 add-on is only $5 more than the original 10 days and worth it if you need uninterrupted service.

This will give you uninterrupted access for 20 days. If you need a third 10 days, you can repurchase the original $20 bundle.

@pmmobile wrote:

@LovesToPMIf the roaming package is purchased before the last one expires, do you know if the unused data will also carry over to the new expiry date? Or, will it simply expire at the end of the 10 days? thanks!

After 10 days, the data will expire along with the Roaming add-on it came with.

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@LovesToPMIf the roaming package is purchased before the last one expires, do you know if the unused data will also carry over to the new expiry date? Or, will it simply expire at the end of the 10 days? thanks!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@rdhillon66  purchase the first one on the day of departure. Make sure you have enough funds in your account to cover the cost of the second one. Submit a ticket to PM and ask them if they can activate the second one once the first one expires. To submit a ticket do the following:

stpm-new.png

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

You can only buy them for 10 days only.

For each Roaming add-on, you can buy them only once-at-a-time.

So you will have to choose a Roaming add-on and buy it on day 1.

Then choose a different one, and buy it sometime between day 5 and day 9.

- before the first roaming add-on expires on day 10

- and long enough for it to last until day 14.

Hope this makes sense.

Read here for more info: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/us-roaming

Need Help? Let's chat.