cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in U S

Loops
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently purchased the 75GB Canada- US subscription.  We are travelling to the US soon and I know the plan includes messaging but do I need to purchase additional roaming to make phone calls?  ( senior here and not tech savvy)

5 REPLIES 5

@Loops wrote:

Thank you all for your help.  Things should work well in the US using the tips  you suggested re: connecting to AT and T and using mobile roaming.  My iPhone 11 shouldn’t have any problems in the US.  

Bookmark this page on your phone so you know what to do if you run into problems. Here's a write up that should help.

How to change Network Operators on iPhone

Press Settings

Chalupa_Batman_0-1711057229570.png

Press Network Selection 

Chalupa_Batman_1-1711057229595.png

Press the indicator next to Automatic and turn it off.

Chalupa_Batman_2-1711057229438.png

Then pick T-Mobile for US usage.

Chalupa_Batman_3-1711057229579.png

Then swipe up and close. It’s best to reboot if possible.

You should be good to go.

Make sure Mobile Data is "green" like you see in the sample and turned on. Also, turn on Mobile Data "roaming on". 

Created by Chalupa Batman

Loops
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you all for your help.  Things should work well in the US using the tips  you suggested re: connecting to AT and T and using mobile roaming.  My iPhone 11 shouldn’t have any problems in the US.  

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Loops - You can

• Make calls to an American (United States) number from Canada (Unlimited Calling)
  • Make calls to a Canadian (Canada) number with your same regular number while roaming within the USA (Unlimited Calling)
  • Send & Receive SMS in Canada & the States (International SMS)
  • Use data (75GB) in Canada and the States. (No fees like other providers!)

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Loops 

No, no need to purchase anything. Let me know what type of phone you have, android or iphone and I'll show you a step by step guide to get you up and running. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Loops 

the Can-US plan inlcude voice/text/data in US.  Basically you use it like you are in Canada

but you have to make sure your phone connects to either T-Mobile or AT&T, manual connect if automatic connect does not work

and make sure you turn on mobile data roaming on your phone

and for voice, what phone you have? for some older phone that is not VoLTE compatible with PM, you might have to connect to T-Mobile and use its 2G for voice

Need Help? Let's chat.