cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in Europe

BrentB21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My wife and I will be travelling in Europe in June.   I’m wondering if for emergency use, the Public Mobile service will work in Europe?  Just in case we get separated.   From what I’ve read, it seems it doesn’t work in Europe.

thanks

Brent

7 REPLIES 7

BrentB21

Thanks for all your replies!
Brent

funpig1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My wife and I went to Spain in November.  PM won't work in Europe.  We ordered an Orange Travel eSIM for €19.99.  It works in all of the EU countries and the UK.  14 days, 8GB of 4G+ data, unlimited talk and text to anywhere in Europe, 30 min talk and 200 texts to overseas (e.g. back to Canada).  Most eSIMs only provide data, no talk and text.

Make sure your phone is not set to dual sim mode.  If your PM sim is left active, it will keep searching for non-existent signal and eat your battery.  Have a nice trip.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @BrentB21 

get local prepaid data sim card.  Europe is cheap, and most can use across many countries

and if you have a newer phone with eSIm, check eSIM solution, even cheaper

BrentB21

Thanks!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@BrentB21  PM only works in Canada and the US no roaming in Europe sorry . Best to bet a local SIM card while you there much cheaper any ways 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Public will not work at all.

A voip app like Textnow works marvellously. You need local cell data service or wifi.

Not so much for local calling though.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BrentB21   Unfortunately, not.  PM only provides 15 day roaming packages for US travel.  You can get a local SIM or rely upon WIFI apps like Whatsapp or Skype.  Textnow is another option.

Need Help? Let's chat.