cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming charges

Tmoney1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I just wanted to make sure that with public mobile since it's a pay as you go, you don't get charged roaming fees. Instead the roaming in USA would simply not work if your plan did not allow it. 

I recently changed plans to data with Canada and USA so I assumed I didn't need to purchase any USA roaming add on. 

My data does work here although it's not a great signal/strength

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Snazee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I live very close to the US border and will randomly show I'm roaming, but I have never incurred any extra charges. So you should be good to go.

Concisely put @Tmoney1 , there are never, EVER, any hidden or extra or overage fees here at Public Mobile.

Regardless of what you are trying to do, where you are trying to do it, either the service will work or it won't work.

That's the beauty of pre-paid services.   Much like a vending machine, you first PAY, then you get the product.   The product never gets dispensed then anticipates payment afterward.

What your describing is post-paid services where roaming or overage fees are not uncommon within the plan.  That's not how Public Mobile works.

Isn't it great!!!

@Tmoney1 wrote:

Ok so if it's working than I have the right plan and coverage under my current subscription. I just don't want to get hidden charges when I return because I didn't purchase a roaming add on

Thank you

@Tmoney1 You will never be charged for something after the fact.

Tmoney1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ok so if it's working than I have the right plan and coverage under my current subscription. I just don't want to get hidden charges when I return because I didn't purchase a roaming add on

Thank you

@Tmoney1 wrote:

Hi, I just wanted to make sure that with public mobile since it's a pay as you go, you don't get charged roaming fees. Instead the roaming in USA would simply not work if your plan did not allow it. 

I recently changed plans to data with Canada and USA so I assumed I didn't need to purchase any USA roaming add on. 

My data does work here although it's not a great signal/strength

Public Mobile is not Pay As you Go (that's actually a Rogers trademark), but either way, Public Mobile does not have pay-per-use charges.  As you were asking about, If something hasn't already been paid for, it won't work.  Unfortunately, Public Mobile doesn't have any control of another company's network.  Network conditions can vary greatly, and so will the speed an the reliability of the connection and the data speeds based on both location and availiable network capacity.

Need Help? Let's chat.