cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Plans

Ericsparrow56
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Im just curious if theres any chatter about a more permanent roaming plan becoming available again in the near future.  I remember when i first joined public mobile,  there was a 30 dollar plan that gave you unlimited talk and text within the us and from the us to Canada as well as 2 gigs of roaming data. 

I really like public mobile, but the roaming add ons just aren't cutting it for me personally.  I don't like how it limits your purchasing of the add ons.  Mostly the data.  Once you've bought all 3 data addons, you cant purchase any more until the 10 days are up. 

5 REPLIES 5

Ericsparrow56
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think it was 60 actually.  

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Ericsparrow56    Are you sure about that $30 plan for Can/US unlimited talk/text plus 2GB US data?  I would agree with @srlawren that there has only been the $60 plan offered for a short period last year that had all those features, plus 8GB of domestic data too (IIRC), which was eventually discontinued for some reason, although it seemed to be quite popular around here and a lot of users have enquired about it since it was dropped but PM seems to be disinterested in resurrecting it.

However, I agree with you about the current roaming options being very limited and PM should really be looking into expanding the option of them being available for a longer period of time.  But things change very slowly around here, so you'll probably will still be waiting for better roaming options a year from now.  😊

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check mintmobile.  They have longer term roaming plans.

https://www.mintmobile.com/

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ericsparrow56 wrote:

Im just curious if theres any chatter about a more permanent roaming plan becoming available again in the near future.  I remember when i first joined public mobile,  there was a 30 dollar plan that gave you unlimited talk and text within the us and from the us to Canada as well as 2 gigs of roaming data. 

I really like public mobile, but the roaming add ons just aren't cutting it for me personally.  I don't like how it limits your purchasing of the add ons.  Mostly the data.  Once you've bought all 3 data addons, you cant purchase any more until the 10 days are up. 

@Ericsparrow56 when did you first join?  I've been around since Oct 2015 and I have no recollection of that plan.  The only plan I can recall that included roaming was the $60 plan that was only around briefly.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Ericsparrow56 I would figure Public Mobile and Telus did their research and noticed maybe not enough customers needed a more permanent roaming plan, so they decided to scrap that idea. I guess if you can get more traction, and make a suggestion to the higher powers, who knows. Or maybe, get a burner phone when you're in the states, and get a pre-paid card over there, dedicated for that purpose. The Telus Pre-Paid plans are a bit pricey, to be honest with you compared to Public Mobile, but there roaming plans explains it quite well. I guess that's what you were hoping for

I know some people use many different apps to talk and text for free on their phones. Speaking for myself only, my contacts know my number, and if they see I have a different number, they may or may not answer. Plus, I think I used one the other month, I since deleted the app, but the reception was pretty crappy, so, I ended calling them outright from my phone.  

Again, these are ideas that I have used in the past. And by the looks of it, you probably know or have tried this in the past. Just my two cents at a 1am call! 

Need Help? Let's chat.