cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Fees

SassyCat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello I am Canadian and I thought my plan would allow me to use my phone in the USA.  When entering I got a message about roaming fees and about add ons.  I paid the $15 for what I thought would allow me to use my phone  but I never got any notification that I was good to use my phone so afraid of roaming fees I kept it turned off.  Does anyone know what you need to do to use your phone in the USA without incurring roaming fees.

2 REPLIES 2

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@SassyCat   What plan do you have?  If it's a Canada-US plan you don't need the add on and I would contact support for a credit.  If you don't have a Canada-US plan then you do need the add on but there are no extra fees on top of that since Public Mobile is prepaid only ( so is you haven't paid ahead things not covered will just not work).

slusagm
Mayor / Maire

just ignore the sms if you have the roaming add-on, it is a regular sms that sends to everyone whether you have the roaming included or not

just make sure you turn on Roaming data on your phone, and connect to T-Mobile or AT&T or Verizon.  Might need to change network to 4G or LTE as well

and No Extra roaming charge if you have roaming add-on, plus PM is prepaid, you paid before you use the service, no surprise chrages

Need Help? Let's chat.