cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards

Michael6666
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello, 

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if I change my subscription early, will the rewards still be applied to my account on my original 30 day schedule?

I know it used to restart the 30 days but now that the system seems to have changed, I'm just wondering.

Thank you

19 REPLIES 19

Lolo_1234
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Lolo_1234 wrote:

Hi @computergeek541 !

Do you know if this is still true about a year later? Thank you so much!

Nothing has changed in the sense that changing plan doesn't cause loss of rewards.

Thanks! Sorry if my message wasn't clear, I thought it would show to which message I was replying.

Great to know that immediate plan changes still allows for rewards to be added a day or two later 🙂 

@Lolo_1234 wrote:

Hi @computergeek541 !

Nothing has changed in the sense that changing plan doesn't cause loss of rewards.

Lolo_1234
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi @computergeek541 !

Thank you @computergeek541 

Interesting. 

Does this then possibly mean that users with reward values which exceed their plan amount could pad their available funds artificially?

I'm not one of those - but I'm sure there are some members who are in that situation.  🤔🤔

@dust2dust wrote:

@computergeek541- As usual, the wording is unclear:

Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the subscription change.

https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

Adding - ah, here's the other mention:

If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.

https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/old-public-rewards-program

What do you know, conflicting messaging.

The second mention is the correct one.   There was a time when immediate plan changes did earn rewards. That stopped for a while.  Then, it started again.  However, even when rewards stopped being given out for immediate plan changers, some of the hlep articles stil stated that customers would receive them.  All one had to do was ask a customer support agent to apply them, although it may have required providing a link to the information that Public Mobile has been proviing saying that rewards would still be earned.

There is a mention about plan changes relating to speed.  There is no longer any wait period to for the speed to change when changing to a plan with a different speed rating.

@HALIMACS 

Rewards aren't missed on immediate plan changes.  They are simply paid at a later time (one or two days later).   This isn't hearsay on my behalf but actually what I have seen.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

So .... do we have a definitive here?

Difficult to imagine any renewal rewards would be paid on immediate plan changes ... so what would happen with someone whose reward value exceeds their plan amount -- could they essentially do immediate plan changes every couple days and pad their available funds excessively?

Am i missing something here?

@computergeek541- As usual, the wording is unclear:

Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the subscription change.

https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

Adding - ah, here's the other mention:

If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.

https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/old-public-rewards-program

What do you know, conflicting messaging.

@dust2dust wrote:

@computergeek541- I thought so too so I went looking. The mention of rewards after immediate is at the next renewal. Of course I know keeping up with messaging around here is poor but it seems the official word. I've read reports here of otherwise but I haven't located them.

It's is official as it's in the help articles.  From what I remember, the help articles say 24 hours later, but I know that it's actually within 48 hours. I"m uncertain of the exact cut off time, but the some rewards are given one day and some rewards are given the day after that.  If the cut of time has been missed, I believe that the first set of the rewarrds don't arrive until the following day (and the others a day after that).

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541- I thought so too so I went looking. The mention of rewards after immediate is at the next renewal. Of course I know keeping up with messaging around here is poor but it seems the official word. I've read reports here of otherwise but I haven't located them.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Solution reversed as incorrect information provided in the chosen solution earlier

@Michael6666 wrote:

If my renewal date is in 2 days and I decide to change my subscription immediately, will I still get my rewards applied to my account in 2 days? 

Yes, you will, but not because of the old renewal date.  Rewards for immediate plan changes are granted within 48 hours of such a plan change.

@HALIMACS wrote:

@Michael6666 wrote:

You will receive your normal renewal rewards on the NEXT cycle renewal, not when the prior plan cycle would have normally renewed.

Rewards will still be paid out for immediate plan changes.  However, it happens a day or two after the change has been made.

@Michael6666 wrote:

Hello, I understand I won't get anything immediately. 

To be more clear, I will use an example.

If my renewal date is in 2 days and I decide to change my subscription immediately, will I still get my rewards applied to my account in 2 days? 

No, you won't @Michael6666 

( edit: this may not be the case ... apparently there may be rewards paid out within a couple of days of an immediate plan change ... 🤔)

When you process an immediate plan change, the system resets your 30 (or 90) day cycle from the date of the immediate plan change.

You will receive your normal renewal rewards on the NEXT cycle renewal, not when the prior plan cycle would have normally renewed.

Hope this helps!!!

HI @Michael6666 

no.  you won't get the rewards when you Change Now, you need to pay full amount

you will wait till the last day of that cycle to receive the rewards. 

Michael6666
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello, I understand I won't get anything immediately. 

To be more clear, I will use an example.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Michael6666 

do not use Change now unless you need it

with Change now, you don't get partial refunds of the old plan old cycle, and you need to pay full plan amount without rewards applied 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

You won't get the rewards on the immediate plan change.

They will resume on the NEXT renewal.

It may be best to schedule it on your upcoming renewal to avoid loss of application of rewards on an immediate plan change, @Michael6666 

🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.