cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retroactive rerfer a friend?

TP626
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A couple of years ago, we switched to PM (from Canada's oldest carrier) - a really great move. A few months later, we figured that we needed a second phone so, back to PM we went and got another phone. Silly me, though, because I didn't think to use my "Refer a friend" code from the first phone when we got the second phone.

I realize that it's only $1 per month but it would be handy if there was some way of "retroactively" applying that the referral code from the first phone to the account for the second phone (in a way, we really did sort of refer ourselves to PM.) Is there some way of applying the code from one PM account to the second account so that we can get our referral bonus?

To be clear, I'm not looking have PM backdate my refer-a-friend for the second phone to the date when we actually got that second phone. Rather, I was just thinking that it would be great if, going forward, the bonus could be applied to our first PM account.

6 REPLIES 6

I always thought the grace period was about 1 or 2 days. 

So something for you to consider is that you can cancel an account at anytime and then do a referral to start a new account. This will give you the $1 a month for doing the referral and the “new” account will get a 1 time $10 credit. You could also time this for when there is a New Customer Promo available so the “New” account may get the second month free or maybe up to 6 months at $10 off per month etc.

However for every Pro there is a Con.

You will need a new SIM card but they can be had for $5 or less.

The biggie (possibly) is you will have to pick a new number. Well there is a way around this too but a bit more fooling around. Port the number out to another carrier using a new SIM card there and paying for the lowest cost plan for a month. Then port back to PM using a new PM SIM card and using your referral.

So.... very doable but you need to determine if it is really worth it. And as I type this it occurs to me that both of your phones may have been with PM for a couple fo years meaning each may now or soon be up to a $2 / 30 day Loyalty credit which will be lost on the phone that is cancelled or ported out and back. I cant find a way to justify that loss to get a single $1 / 30 day credit.

AE_Collector

TP626

In case anybody else is in this same situation, I will summarize what happened:

I contacted the moderators to ask about this. They told me to contact the support moderators. After I validated the account, they looked into my two accounts. Alas, because neither account was less than a month ago, no "bonus" could be retroactively applied.

So, if you forget to apply a reference code when you get a second PM phone, the moderators can retroactively apply the code but it appears that you have to make the request within one month of getting the second phone.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@TP626 wrote:

A couple of years ago, we switched to PM (from Canada's oldest carrier) - a really great move. A few months later, we figured that we needed a second phone so, back to PM we went and got another phone. Silly me, though, because I didn't think to use my "Refer a friend" code from the first phone when we got the second phone.

I realize that it's only $1 per month but it would be handy if there was some way of "retroactively" applying that the referral code from the first phone to the account for the second phone (in a way, we really did sort of refer ourselves to PM.) Is there some way of applying the code from one PM account to the second account so that we can get our referral bonus?

To be clear, I'm not looking have PM backdate my refer-a-friend for the second phone to the date when we actually got that second phone. Rather, I was just thinking that it would be great if, going forward, the bonus could be applied to our first PM account.

Contact a moderator and ask them to add the referral code to your second account.

Send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

TP626

@NDesaiTo clarify my second post in this thread - I have left something off my initial post and so I added it as a reply. And only then did I find the "Edit" in the post's menu so I edited my initial post to add what I had left off. Since there was no way of deleting the second post, I replaced all of the content. I had just meant to indicate that the post was no longer needed and would only be redundant, not t6hat I had some intention of deleting the entire thread.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@TP626 Let's not delete or move the thread even if you found an answer to your question. Someone else might wonder the same thing and come searching something similar where this would help them.

TP626

[Deleted - I didn't know how to edit my initial post... but then found out how. It would be nice if there was a way to "retract"/delete a post here.]

Need Help? Let's chat.