cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting No Service

mark001
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Last few days I've noticed when I'm at home my phone would report no service.  I would have no bars and an X indicating no service.  Attempting to make calls and sending SMS fails as expected.  This only started within the last two days.  Going on a walk I would eventually pick up service before dropping again when I get home.  So there's a small pocket of no service around my neighborhood that has had full bars for years.

How do I go about reporting this to get this resolved?

4 REPLIES 4

mark001
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks all for the quick replies and suggestions.  I'll revisit this when I get home tonight since when I'm at work I get full signal.  I'm leaning towards a cell tower outage since I can almost map the service perimeter while taking a walk in the evenings.  I just wasn't aware of how to report the issue.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mark001 are you able to try your sim in another phone,? This will isolate a network vs hardware issue.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mark001 @mark001 try reseating your sim reboot your phone also you can manually select 3g in your settings if this problem persists open a ticket through Simon to speak to a customer service agent they can help  you  Click here

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mark001   Look like it is an network issue with the towers around your home. 

Try to do one more thing, reseat the sim.  Power off the phone, take sim out for a minute, then put it back and power up

To open ticket with PM and have them to confirm any network equipment issue in your area:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.