cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal issues

Ice_cold
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

My plan failed to auto renew so I have a balance sitting there from loyalty etc. My account doesn't say to pay $x amount to reactivate plan and it says Plan expired. How much should I pay? 

11 REPLIES 11

@HALIMACS....

that possibility was posed to @Ice_cold  in a different post. I'm assuming it's not the case here.

The Public Mobile auto renewal process seems to be a chronic issue...and has been for awhile now. I've never had problems but I make sure there's $$ in Available Funds to cover my next renewal.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

This may go without saying, @Ice_cold , but you ARE without any service, correct?

Is it possible you're just thinking you may lose service due to the lovely messaging Public Mobile sends it's customers just prior to renewal making them 'think' their account is EXPIRED or going to expire.

See it below:

HALIMACS_0-1611686412182.png

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Ice_cold Go to self-service and select "other" amount of payment. Then, put there the number: you plan cost + 1 - all your rewards you have right now. System will show you how much would be deducted from your CC including taxes. After your plan would be renewed, you would have 1$ sitting on your balance only, and it is ok. Let it be there to prevent suspension issue in the future.

@Ice_cold 

Do the following:

1. Clear your browser, close all tabs and reboot your device.
  2.  Open one tab only in secret/incognito mode using chrome, firefox or safari.
  3.  Log in, go to make a payment, choose other amount.
  4. Pay $1 more than you owe. Go to your overview page. Does it say active?
  5. If not click on reactivate. Reboot phone.
  6. Still see funds in your balance? Suspend your service via lost/ stolen. Log out. Wait 1 min. Log in. Resume your service. Has the system taken your payment? Reboot.           

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ice_cold wrote:

How much should I load on? And how do I deal with the GST? 

Taxes will get charged on the payment card. Pay the total plan cost. Don't worry about calculating tax.

@Ice_cold wrote:

Log into your account / Make a Payment. When you make a payment, it'll tell you how much taxes are required and you'll click Confirm. Then you should see those $$ in Available Funds.

Do things slowly and pay attention to all prompts....for future reference.

Ice_cold

Ie. Can I subtract the loyalty credits? 

Ice_cold

@Ice_cold wrote:

And should I be paying GST? I'm not buying an add on and GST is being applied automatically but my plan has GST included. 

You must pay GST...it's not included in your "plan". It's plan costs + taxes here at PM.

Ice_cold

And should I be paying GST? I'm not buying an add on and GST is being applied automatically but my plan has GST included. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Ice_cold wrote:

Hello,

My plan failed to auto renew so I have a balance sitting there from loyalty etc. My account doesn't say to pay $x amount to reactivate plan and it says Plan expired. How much should I pay? 

Load $$ into Available Funds to cover the cost of your current plan...the click the Reactivate button.

Need Help? Let's chat.