cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renew plan

frenchy93
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, do you not do the pay per 3 months anymore?

also I just reloaded my balance can you please renew my plan before I run out of data? I clicked renew now and it won’t work

13 REPLIES 13

@frenchy93  just to add to what @Dunkman  just said. Take note no refunds on unused days from old plan. Same as if you renew early. If you change plans to one with more data immediately there would be no compensation for the days you have left on current plan when it comes to calling/texting portion since you're out of data.

You could also buy a data add-on. $15 for 1 gig. Two steps. Add $15 to your account then go to Purchase Add-ons and buy it. 

@frenchy93 

@frenchy93 wrote:

2 days no response. That’s some brutal customer service right there. 

The wait times are poor recently.  Which plan are you on right now?  Is your plan working right now?  Just out of data?

You need moderator help to renew same plan earlier.  However, if you change plans, you can change immediately.  For example, if you are on $25 plan with 1 GB data plan and run out of data earlier, you can switch immediately to $40 plan with 5 GB data for next 30 day cycle. Be careful though.  If you are on a grandfathered plan (ie. 90 day plan right now) and switch to a different plan, you can't get the old plan back afterwards.  

frenchy93

2 days no response. That’s some brutal customer service right there. 

frenchy93

I move around for work a lot so some months I use a ton of data, other months none. 

I never de-activated my account. I got a new visa recently and I think my phone was down for a couple hours but that’s about it. I’ve been with public for years. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@frenchy93 wrote:

Thanks that helps, sucks they got rid of the 3 month thing, the public plans no longer work for me.

If your account is not fully deactivated and you're on a 90 day plan then you can still keep it going. The fact that you can log in says you're not fully deactivated. You can't make any changes to it though. How do the current plans not work for you?

If it has become fully deactivated then the account is gone.

The 90 day plan worked for some, but it was confusing for others. Near the end it wasn't any kind of bargain. Just that you could spread the data bucket out over the term rather than constrained to just 30 days.

frenchy93

Thanks that helps, sucks they got rid of the 3 month thing, the public plans no longer work for me.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@frenchy93  Did you use the chat bot and categorize it properly so the mods would get it faster?

Easiest way is open chat bot.

Type Human 

Click account specific question 

Click no I need a human now 

Click submited a ticket 

It will ask for community login.

Then you're brought to the other category.

Then click "Early Renewal Request" and follow the rest of the steps. 

Ensure you have a balance to cover the plan.

Screenshot_20201102_150700.jpg

@frenchy93 wrote:

Thanks all, 

I messaged the moderator team over a day ago and haven’t heard anything back. 

@frenchy93 The mods appear to be a bit behind lately. Give it another day at least.

frenchy93

Thanks all, 

I messaged the moderator team over a day ago and haven’t heard anything back. 

kapid11

Hey @frenchy93 !

Unfortunately Public Mobile no longer offers the pay per 90 days (3 months) plan options anymore. Everything currently is based on a 30 day (1 month) plan service that continues month-to-month. 

If you want to renew your plan early, you may have to speak with a moderator from the Moderator Team about that. To talk to the Moderator Team you can first talk to the Virtual Assistant, SIMon, to request to speak with a human. Here is a link to the Chatbot SIMon:

Link: https://publicmobile.ca/en/ab/chatbot

If you mention "Human" into the chatbot, you should surely be connected to someone who can manually renew your plan early for you. 

You mentioned that you have already added funds to your account balance which is great! You're one step closer! If you need more data before your current monthly billing cycle is over, you can purchase one or more data add-ons!

If you don't have any data at all at the moment, you can purchase data add-ons using *611 on your smartphone. 

Here is a link with instructions on how to do so: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-611

If you can access your self-serve account at the moment then here is a link with some instructions on how to purchase data add-ons in your self-service account: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

Hope this helps! 🙂

Cheers

esjliv
Mayor / Maire
@frenchy93 wrote:

also I just reloaded my balance can you please renew my plan before I run out of data? I clicked renew now and it won’t work

Hello @frenchy93 

If you are looking to add more data then see your SELF SERVE about Purchasing an Add-On:

Note that purchasing an add-on is a two step process.

You should be able to use it instantly.

1-First you need to add the $ to your account and

2-then add the add-on to your account.

Don't forget to restart your phone.

*You can make the purchase via self serve account or by calling 611 on your phone.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@frenchy93 wrote:

hi to renew early you will need to contact a moderator to help you, can do so by clicking the chat bubble at the lower right corner,to avoid going around in circles with Simon say that you want a human to speak to, a ticket will then be generated briefly mention your issue 

you should get a response between 2 to 48 hours a reply should show up in your little envelope in the top right corner, you can also  send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here.

you can also buy a data add on to get you to your next due date 

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@frenchy93 wrote:

@frenchy93 hi they no longer offer 3 month plans in order to renew early you need a moderators assistance 

Need Help? Let's chat.