cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Voicemail Feature

Wiivonne
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Is there any way to remove the Voicemail feature from a number so that when someone phones that number it will just ring and ring and the caller will never receive the voicemail message?  It takes my elderly mother a while to get to the phone and it has gone to voicemail before she gets there.

I did search help and there is an option to disable voicemail so you can't leave a message but that isn't what I am looking for.

Thanks in advance everyone.

13 REPLIES 13

@ahnseong wrote:

After press 5, I can hear "no one is allowed to leave a message" but when I test it, it still allow me to leave a message. 

Review the steps in the following link. It sounds most likely that you didn't do the steps to record and enable an extended absence greeting first:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Re-Disable-Voicemail/m-p/213805#M3875...

ahnseong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

After press 5, I can hear "no one is allowed to leave a message"   

But when I test it, it still allow me to leave a message. 

I have tried several times, but can't figure it out. 

What's my problem?

Wiivonne

Thanks everyone for all your help. 

Apologies in advance if I am not following correct reply etiquette here - it's only my second day of service with Public. 

What a great community here. 

Wiivonne

Thanks for the comments.  I did see this solution in the help before I posted, but it wasn't exactly what I wanted - although the forwarding to a US number is an interesting twist on the original article.     🙂  🙂  🙂

Ideally I would just like to remove the voicemail feature altogether.   The telecom from her previous service was able to do that for her.  Everybody knows she takes longer to reach the phone so they expect to wait probably at least 10 rings.

I will go with this solution - seems like it's the next best thing to having no voicemail feature.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Wiivonne wrote:

Hello,

Is there any way to remove the Voicemail feature from a number so that when someone phones that number it will just ring and ring and the caller will never receive the voicemail message?  It takes my elderly mother a while to get to the phone and it has gone to voicemail before she gets there.

I did search help and there is an option to disable voicemail so you can't leave a message but that isn't what I am looking for.

Thanks in advance everyone.

@Wiivonne  Find out your local Public Mobile voicemail number should be (area code)-580-4001.

Change the number of rings to the maximum 30 seconds (6 rings). Dial *#61# to see the current voicemail deposit number and delay time. I believe the default is 25 seconds.
If the voicemail deposit number is 647-580-4001 and you want to set the maximum ring time of 30 seconds, dial *61*6475804001**30#

Use call forwarding to forward unanswered calls to a US number. The reason being once you forward the call to a US based number the caller will hear a fast busy and the call will drop.

More info on call forwarding can be found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/call-forwarding

Hope this helps!

@Jb456 idk why you aren't in here more often.. 

shows up in the morning. takes all the solutions 😉💪👍

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Wiivonneyou can change the number of rings before it goes to voicemail. The maximum is 30 seconds of ring time.

You can change the number of rings with the following process:

1. Dial *#61# to see the current voicemail number and delay time.
  2. If the voicemail number is 123-580-4001 and you want to set the maximum ring time of 30 seconds, dial *61*1235804001**30#
  3. Check your setting by dialing again *#61#

You can configure any amount of time from 5 seconds to 30 seconds in 5 second increments.

To access the voicemail without dialing and ringing the phone, check this list of local voicemail access numbers across Canada:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gblackma wrote:

@Wiivonne I dint think you can make it ring indefinitely but you could extend it for a few more rings. @Nezgar . Please help here. Thanks.Stay safe. 

Indeed. There's no option for indefinite ringing. All you can do is 30 seconds.

In the dialer, dial *61*17785804001*30#

Your 4001 number may be different in your area. The 30 is 30 seconds.

Edit: and no there's no way to entirely turn off the voicemail service.

@Wiivonne . You can set the phone to how many rings (in 5 second increments) before it goes to voicemail.

The last digit of the sequence is the number of seconds before going to voicemail.

You are allowed between 5 sec and 30 sec (in 5 sec increments)

**61*+1YourLocalNumberVoicemail*11*5#

in my case for 5 sec

**61*+1**********11*5#

If it was for 30sec it woud be

**61*+1***********11*30#

Taken from thread below. Hope it helps you.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Change-the-number-of-rings-before-goi...

Post by @fathom 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Wiivonne 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/add-an-extended-absence-greeting

Follows the following flowchart to create extended absence greeting and don't let caller to leave message:

[3]Greetings --> [4]Extended Absence --> [2]Record

[3]Greetings --> [4]Extended Absence --> [5]Message not allowed after greeting

Public_Mobile_-_Knowledge_Base_Articles_Overhaul_DESIGN-Menu_4_v1_Aug7

Triguy
Mayor / Maire
  1. Dial into your voicemail by holding the number 1 on your dial pad.
  2. Select option 3 to “Manage your greetings”
  3. Select option 4 to “Manage your Extended Absence Greeting”
  • Select Option 2 to record an extended absence greeting if you don’t already have one.
  1. If you have an extended absence greeting recorded, Select option 4 to turn on Extended Absence Greeting
  2. Select option 5 to block callers from leaving a message after hearing the Extended Absence Greeting

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Wiivonne I dint think you can make it ring indefinitely but you could extend it for a few more rings. @Nezgar . Please help here. Thanks.Stay safe. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Wiivonne 

credit to srlawren
dial into your voicemail and log in with your PIN.
In the main menu, press 3 (manage greetings),
then 4 (manage extended absence greeting),
then 2 (record a new extended absence greeeting) and record a message that indicates to your caller you are not accepting messages.
Then press 4 to turn on extended absence
Finally, press 5 to dissallow anyone to leave you a message.

Need Help? Let's chat.