cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relocation assistance

Punya
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I will be relocating to Ontario. I don't intend to change my number or change my service provider.

What all the mandatory steps I need to do apart from changing my address with PM?

I ll appreciate all guidance.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AE_Collector wrote:

So what happens if the person with say a BC number but now residing in Ontario has to dial 911? As we all know, seconds can count and many could be lost in this scenario. Possibly now cell phones use GPS to get the caller to the closest dispatch centre?

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector GPS isn't even needed; the network can tell by which tower you're connected to.  That won't give them an exact location where you are but it will certainly get the call to the correct province's emergency response centre!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

So what happens if the person with say a BC number but now residing in Ontario has to dial 911? As we all know, seconds can count and many could be lost in this scenario. Possibly now cell phones use GPS to get the caller to the closest dispatch centre?

AE_Collector

@Punya 

The same time that you change your billing address with your credit card issuer change the address in in the payment section of your self serve account. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see in tiny letters "manage my card" click on that and then choose "replace card" and enter the new card info. Make a $1 test payment to make sure its accepted.

Punya
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My credit card info is saved with PM and is under auto-debit mode

@Punya wrote:

I will be relocating to Ontario. I don't intend to change my number or change my service provider.

What all the mandatory steps I need to do apart from changing my address with PM?

You're not actually required to do anything after moving unless you're paying by credit card or visa/mastercard debit and have a card saved in your Public Mobile account. Your current (at the time of the charge) card billing address needs to match your saved payment details.

Remember that if you're going to a different city, people are still considered to be calling the citty assigned to your phone number which isn't necessarily the same as where you are.

Need Help? Let's chat.