cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registering issue.

diyrooster
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello community, 

I recently purchased a Public Mobile sim card and upon working through the registration I am coming to a roadblock with my credit card. I continue to get the message "Sorry, we are unable to process your credit card request. Please ensure your credit card details are entered correctly and try again. If you continue to experience problems, please contact your credit card provider for more information."  I contacted VISA and they told me that there was nothing wrong on their end. I figured maybe it was because I had a middle initial in my name and there was no option to add that on the form so I had them remove it. Still the problem continues. I do not know where to go from here now. I have gone over my credit card details with a fine tooth comb and have the billing address, account address, name, number perfectly written as it is shown on my card. 

Is this a normal issue? Where do I go from here?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Check online if they really did charge.  Public sometimes charges anyway when self serve says declined.  It is known bug/glitch, ususally during activation.

MJ23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Has your issue been resolved? If not, I suggest you contact a PM Moderator.

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

Response times can be a few hours to 2 days.

Thank you,

mj23

wickedgx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I would say to try with another visa card or possibily a debit card. Please try contacting a mod if you continue to have issues. 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@diyrooster wrote:

Hello community, 

I recently purchased a Public Mobile sim card and upon working through the registration I am coming to a roadblock with my credit card. I continue to get the message "Sorry, we are unable to process your credit card request. Please ensure your credit card details are entered correctly and try again. If you continue to experience problems, please contact your credit card provider for more information."  I contacted VISA and they told me that there was nothing wrong on their end. I figured maybe it was because I had a middle initial in my name and there was no option to add that on the form so I had them remove it. Still the problem continues. I do not know where to go from here now. I have gone over my credit card details with a fine tooth comb and have the billing address, account address, name, number perfectly written as it is shown on my card. 

Is this a normal issue? Where do I go from here?

Thanks in advance.

@diyrooster 

The website can be fussy. You can try different browser / clearing cache and sometimes private browsing / incognito mode.  Confirm the billing address from your credit card statement is exact, including periods, spaces, capitalization and punctuation. If you live in unit/apt 206 and the billing address on your statement is "206-XXX street name" then enter it as that, and leave the apt field empty. Try removing / adding a space from the postal code.

Public mobile accepts Credit card or Visa Debit card issued by a Canadian or American financial institution and is registered to a Canadian or American address, or a Public Mobile payment voucher. The voucher can be had from recharge.com for payment, but not autopay, you can also register with autopay a pre-paid visa card for autopay, YMMV but I know that one works from Canada Post.

Need Help? Let's chat.