cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund

wattonc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I deactivated my payment method and the payment still went through.  Please refund the amount as I wanted to cancel but there ain't no other to cancel other than waiting 90days of none payment.

Please advise how long the refund will take to process.

Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7

itensweet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The same thing happened to me a few days ago too even though I had removed my credit card info in December. I would like to know how to get a refund too! In the meantime I will follow the advice of listing the phone as stolen! 

@wattonc @marivelloso 

yes this is a known issue. the best solution to deactivating an account when it's not in use is to enable lost/stolen mode to avoid the system from charging the card. then after 90 days the account will be deleted. one can also contact customer support to remove the card. however, for piece of mind one should also enable the lost/stolen feature

marivelloso
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Public Mobile is doing that! The same happened to me this month. The app is saving our credit card information without our consent and charging us monthly. I would never recommend this company to anyone!!!!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@wattonc 

Interesting result, but not what you expected.

By "deactivated your payment", what exactly do you mean?

Did you untick the box under your Payments tab, in Manage Payment Method, as below:

HALIMACS_0-1673566805786.png

Or did you cancel or hold your payment card with your credit card provider?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@wattonc   Did you disable autopay (pre-authorized payments) and the payment still went through?  That shouldn't happen so submit a ticket to customer support via chatbot and ask for a refund and also to remove your payment card  from the account if you really want to deactivate service with PM.

chatbot:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/get-help

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@wattonc @To get a refund of any kind you need supports help 

Getting help from agent

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get                       

Or get help right here in the community

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

Need Help? Let's chat.