cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund Request

azherkhan17
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I recently ported my number to Rogers from Public Mobile on January 23rd. I am currently on a 3 month plan, but i got charged on February 10th for the next three months after I ported my number. I got charged $71.19 and would like a refund and this time for my account to be cancelled as I ported my number before the 3 month started.

Thanks,

Azher

Please email me at 

23 REPLIES 23

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

Yes. I was thinking that pm might grant them an exception because of the screw up and reassign a number once the number port request is initiated allowing the OP to keep the pm account to recoup their "refund" in another manner if pm does not refund their plan charges.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Ok...then his number reverts back to here and he gets his new unknown number there like we've seen happen here some time after a failed port. People generally don't like giving up their numbers.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

Because the port was unsuccessful?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : I think it would have to be the other way around. He getting a new number at Rogers.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@azherkhan17 

As much as you are happy to have left pm for Rogers I am sure there are members who would be happy to take over your account if that is still possible.....by a CSA assigning a new number to it. Something to consider if you get a hard time getting a refund. Anyone taking over the account would refund you the plan amount you paid in a heart beat. Food for thought.....

@azherkhan17 wrote:

What do I do now to get a refund? All of my services with Rogers works and my public mobile account still open. I have disabled autopay, but I was advised that my account would atomically close.

@azherkhan17 - if you are successfully using the same number with Rogers, that you have been using and ported out with Public Mobile, then YES, it should have closed your Public Mobile account.

Strange indeed. I guess that is why it is normally suggested to remove any card information from account prior to porting out.

See the first post ( @softech first reply) to submit a ticket with customer support in the link they provided for get a refund.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Refund-Request/m-p/794731/highlight/true#...

edit, extra word

@azherkhan17 

It is strange that your account is still opened after porting over to Roger. 

Meanwhile, remove AutoPay for now...it won't close your account. It just stops payment and your account is suspended.

Best to contact a CS_Agent by private messaging on top of this page for a refund. Please note that it may take up to 30 days to get a refund.

azherkhan17

What do I do now to get a refund? All of my services with Rogers works and my public mobile account still open. I have disabled autopay, but I was advised that my account would atomically close.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BKNS27 : 90 - 63 = 27 / 3 = 9 equivalent per month of rewards.

azherkhan17

It was a $63 before tax.

azherkhan17

Yes this makes sense. It was $63 before tax.

@Anonymous 

Thanks for clarifying!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BKNS27 : Evidently the customer has been here a while. There used to be 90 day plans here. It comes to $63. There would be at least a few dollars for loyalty. Apparently autopay.

azherkhan17

it just says $90 for 90 days.

I had some credits on the plan like refer a friend.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@azherkhan17 

What monthly plan are you on with a 90 day payment?

Could you please clarify your monthly plan?

It is a weird total, your 90 day payment on your account does not include all applicable taxes but it still does not add up.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

Can you edit the OP's post....please and thank you.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@azherkhan17 

I noted you said you use your Rogers sim to call and text people but do you recieve calls and texts on your Rogers sim card?

Please edit out your email address as you dont want to post such personal info on this public forum.

@azherkhan17 wrote:

Yes I am have been using my phone since January 23rd to call and text people and also use data. And my correct number displays. Yes I accepted the message as well.

@azherkhan17   Interesting but weird.

Since you can login to My Account, disable Autopay first

then open ticket with PM Support and have them confirm if they see the number was ported out and arrange refund.  Again, you can open via direct message:

: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Please come back and Let us know what they found  

azherkhan17

Yes I am have been using my phone since January 23rd to call and text people and also use data. And my correct number displays. Yes I accepted the message as well.

@azherkhan17 wrote:

Yes the porting was complete. I now use my Rogers sim card. I can still login into my account and see my account information for some odd reason.

@azherkhan17   if port was successful, you shouldn't be able to login to PM's My Account

Can you call from another phone to yourself to see if your Rogers SIM rings?  (I understand you can make calls from Roger SIM , but this is normal even porting is not completed.  So, incoming calls can confirm if porting was completed)

Also, do you recall getting a text from PM requesting you to approve your porting out the number? you would need to reply YES within 90 mins or the port would "stuck"

azherkhan17

azherkhan17

Yes the porting was complete. I now use my Rogers sim card. I can still login into my account and see my account information for some odd reason.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@azherkhan17  The porting was completed?  When you call yourself, the Rogers SIM rings?  Just want to confirm the account was ported successfully.  Usually once ported, account would be closed

Also, to confirm, Can you try to see if you can login to My Account?

If you are certain number was ported and you cannot login My Account as account was closed, please open ticket with PM support and request the refund, just direct message PM suport:

: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Need Help? Let's chat.