cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referrals

Popcornl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have brought 2 customers to Public mobile in the last year.  I used my referral code but never got any referral discounts.  This seems to be a scam.  Anyone else had the same problem?

17 REPLIES 17

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@Popcornl just a bit of my own experience, when they last changed the activation screens, I failed to mention to people that they had to click ADD when they put in my referral code. In the old days it was just another blank on the page and registered automatically when you clicked next or submit. I did ask my friends to send a ticket and we did get our bonuses. Now I mention it when I give my referral code out to increase the chances I'll get my credits.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Popcornl 

I can assure you its not a scam i've had a few referrals, a possibility could be someone said they would use your code but didn't.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Popcornl 

No problems here. The people that used my to referral code all got $10 credit and I got $1 for all referrals plus $5 for next 6 months on the More is Merrier promo.

As long as your referrals is still with PM. You loss the credit if they leave PM.

It will show up on your Self Serve account in 3 days and the credit will apply to your next month bill.

You will also get a SMS text congrats to you that a friend or family used your referral code.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Popcornl wrote:

I’ve already contacted public mobile support and told them all this.  They just say have my referred friends look into it.  I referred the first friend about 10 months ago and the second friend last month and YES I was with them when they activated their accounts using my referral code.  When you can’t call a real human and get to the bottom of problems it just causes more frustration to an already frustrating problem.  That’s why it seems like a real scam.  

PM does not have call centre.  Supported are done by this forum knowledgeable members and CSA when the issue requires access to PM account.  Support ticket need to be created.  If you did your due diligent research before activating your plan, you should know that PM does not have a call centre.  Did your friend who refer you about call centre?

Back to your issue, when you activate your friend's account, did you double check your referral code with your account?

Is your referral code with capital letter "O" or number "0"?

Asking your friend to create a support ticket to fix the referral issue is PM way to verify that the referee(your friend) used your code during activation.  Since your referral code used by your friend will connect your account to the referral.  This is the most efficient way to fix the issue.  

I hope you understand and PM is not a scam.

@Popcornl wrote:

Why should my friends have the hassle of getting me my reward that was offered.  Scam

@Popcornl  - not a scam. But, maybe your friend did not end up even using your referral code. 

How do you know they even did?

1 month and 10 months ago...you cannot prove to the Customer Support Agents that these 2 people you think you referred used your code - ONLY they can provide this information.

Plus, if your code has a tricky digit "0" instead of the letter "O" or 'Q'. Or anything else that can be mistaken for something else, than it is possible they used a valid code, but just not yours. 

Unfortunately, if this is the case you are outta luck.

But, again, only those 2 friends can confirm what code, if any, was used with CSA.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Popcornl : Because they also get a $10 credit for joining. Unless you know all their account credentials then they gotta do it.

Popcornl

yes, yes, yes and yes

Popcornl

Why should my friends have the hassle of getting me my reward that was offered.  Scam

Popcornl

I’ve already contacted public mobile support and told them all this.  They just say have my referred friends look into it.  I referred the first friend about 10 months ago and the second friend last month and YES I was with them when they activated their accounts using my referral code.  When you can’t call a real human and get to the bottom of problems it just causes more frustration to an already frustrating problem.  That’s why it seems like a real scam.  

bbeaudoin

I worked fine with me. My friend got her 10$ and I got my referral discount some minutes after the activation of her SIM card. I received a SMS from public mobile the next day telling me that the reward has been granted but it could be seem the same day of the activation in my account summary. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Popcornl 

1. Who did the activations for the two new customers?
  2. If you did, are you certain you used your correct referral code on your self-serve landing page? ( those 0 and O's and 3 and E's and 1 and L's can get pretty confusing for some)
  3. Did you check your My Rewards section and then tap on the right facing triangle which will show a pull-down list of active referrals?
  4. Are both customers you brought to public mobile still active Public Mobile customers?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Popcornl : The above copy/paste is incorrect. Your friends are the ones that "need" to contact the CSA's.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Popcornl 

your friend need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent

• your friend can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,
  • code,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

This is not a scam for sure. Worked and works for hundreds of customers.

Did your friend entered your referral code properly? Typos are possible 1 = l, 0 = O, etc.

If they did everything correctly you should see their phone's last 4 digits on your account.

Meow_0-1641749986906.png

If you do Not see it, they did something wrong.

In order to correct this issue, They need to contact the CSA as soon as possible and provide them with the correct referral code.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Popcornl wrote:

I have brought 2 customers to Public mobile in the last year.  I used my referral code but never got any referral discounts.  This seems to be a scam.  Anyone else had the same problem?

Sorry to learn your referral issue.  Here are the rules:

You are the referrer and your friends are the referee.

Referee gets $10 one time credit within 72 hours after activation.

Referrer get $1 reward per referee who stay with PM on your renewal date.  No one time credit unless during the referral promo.

@Popcornl check your overview page after login to your self-serve account.  You should have $2 next to the Refer-a-Friend Reward. 

If not, is your friend correctly entered your referral code during their activation and received their $10 one time credit.  Create a support ticket to ask CSA to check on the referral by providing your friends name and their phone used on PM.

If your friends did not received the $10 credit after activation, ask your friends to login their community account asn crest a support ticket to fix their issue.  After their referral is fixed, your should have extra Refer-a-friend reward shwoung on your overview page.

@Popcornl 

I assumed that your friends used your referral code when they signed up for Public mobile.  When did your friends sign up?  Did your friends get their $10 friend reward?  You should have received $1/month friend reward credit as long as your friends stay with Public mobile.  

If no refer-a friend reward, your friends (i.e the new customers) will need to contact Customer service agent to get this sorted out.  

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@Popcornl

Have the CSA look into your account and make it right for you.

You can reach out to them by sending a private message to CS_Agent   or use the chat bubble at the page bottom right corner and get a ticket started for help with that problem 😉

You'll also have to have the people who you referred contact the CSA to look into that problem 😉

Need Help? Let's chat.