cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referal sign up New

Patrick_R
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello 

My friend is signing up today as a new customer to Public Mobile he is going to refer me.

He asked me just now how to refer me I advised you need to refer me online.

He asked do i just give your phone number or can I sign up at Wal Mart and still refer you ?

I advised I would ask here since we are both new the blind leading the blind.

11 REPLIES 11

@lilian_liang wrote:

@Patrick_R I think even you purchased the SIM card from Walmart, you need to do online registration, that is when and where you are going to use your referral's phone number.

That is not correct. Either online or instore you can use a referral. The difference is the bonus credit of $25  that PM is currently offering now for online activations with a referral.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Have to keep the messages short. twitter and snapchat got together...posts self-destruct.  

I can see it @Pizzaeh !Smiley Wink

lilian_liang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Patrick_R I think even you purchased the SIM card from Walmart, you need to do online registration, that is when and where you are going to use your referral's phone number.

@Lieux wrote:

Not to late @denis2 @but more complicated... they need write a message to the moderator for having the credit of 25$ if activation online/home or 10$ at store.

If you are trying to assist other customers, please try to supply them with accurate information.  The promo you are referring to requires online activation. 

@Patrick_R 

I am assuming that both you and your friends are not PM customers right now.

To maximize credit for you and your friend:

Your friend should buy a SIM card and activate at home.  Find a PM referral number when he signs up.  He would enter the friend referral number when he activates his account.  He would qualify for $25 friend referral.  If he signs up for 30+ plans, he can also qualfiy for $10 per month credit for months 2-7.  

Then when you sign up.  Again, buy sim and activate at home.  Use his phone number as your friend referral number.  Both of you would qualify for $25 credit within 72 hours.  You could also qualify for $10 per month for 6 months if your plan is over $30 per month. 

If you or your friend activates in store, you will not qualify for the $25 friend credit.  Only the regular $10 credit.  

If you need the first public mobile number for first account referral, just let one of us know.  

@Lieux wrote:

Not to late @denis2 @but more complicated... they need write a message to the moderator for having the credit of 25$.

@Lieux, if his friend has signed up at Walmart he isn't eligible for the $25

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Not to late @denis2 @but more complicated... they need write a message to the moderator for having the credit of 25$ if activation online/home or 10$ at store.

denis2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If he signs up at Wal mart make sure your friend mentions the referal before they start because once the registration is started it will be too late, I think the referal is the 2nd question, 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Patrick_R wrote:

Hello 

My friend is signing up today as a new customer to Public Mobile he is going to refer me.

He asked do i just give your phone number or can I sign up at Wal Mart and still refer you ?

So @Patrick_R , are you a customer yet?  All of your posts here lead me to believe that you aren't.  If you are he needs to put your phone number in the as the referral code (do this at home and both parties get $25 if in retail the new customer gets $10 and the referrer gets $1/30 days)  If you aren't a customer he can't use your number for a referral.

If he is signing up before you then you would enter his number in when you sign up.  Same online vs retail rules apply.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Patrick_R wrote:

Hello 

You can't both refer each other.  The first person to sign up will need someone to refer him.  He can then refer you when you sign up.  You would just enter his phone number as the referrer for your new account.

Need Help? Let's chat.