cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a friend

Peanut1982
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

4 days ago I referred my brother to join PM with my referral code. However upon activating his account, he did not receive his $10 credit and I did not get my $1/month reward. Has anyone had that problem before?

Thank you

12 REPLIES 12

@Peanut1982 wrote:

So the solution is this. It's once the friend receives his sim card, installs it and activates it that the reward gets added to your account. 

Thank you all for your help.

@Peanut1982 - os so your friend doesn't even have a SIM card yet? Was he charged for the plan and can he log into his My Account to check is payment history/available funds?

I wonder if the rewards just get applied after the SIM card is activated?

I never was a fan of how public mobile changed this process, that you could subscribe before you have a SIM card situation...

Peanut1982

So the solution is this. It's once the friend receives his sim card, installs it and activates it that the reward gets added to your account. 

Thank you all for your help.

Peanut1982

Thank you. I will keep an eye. 

Peanut1982

In this case I will look at my next invoice

Peanut1982

I will tell my brother to do the same thing and hopefully it works. Thank you.

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I did have a referral issue last week. I sent a message indicating the phone number and activation date. The agent did request my referral code, and my 4 digit pin. Everything was processed very quickly, without my friend's intervention. Hopefully you get the same results.

The $10 for the friend is supposed to be on their account within 72 hours. The $1 will show up on your next invoice.

Nope. It's a really REALLY old Rogers plan from like 10 plus year ago or more. They aren't very ... ummm... tech savvy.  They never knew there were better deals out there. Think it had about 150 minutes and 500mb of data or something like that.

Pal210

I think it can take a bit of time before you receive it into your account, especially for the referal $1/ month, as the person needs to stay with PM for 30 days before you can get it.

@Chalupa_Batman- $50 for 100 minutes and 250megs?! Are you sure there's no device subsidy in that?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

I only have 1 referral right now. Will be getting another one next week and them maybe her husband shortly after once he realizes that paying $100 for 2 phone lines that the exact same $15 plan offers here.... ha. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Peanut1982 

It sometimes happens.  Often there is an error in entry.  Sometimes a number zero is confused with letter O.  

Your brother should contact customer service agent to get your referral code added. 

Click on chat icon on right lower corner of website and follow prompts to submit ticket.  IF that does not work, you can directly private message CSA:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.