cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently switched internet to dryloop; activated a new PM account; need to port in a Bell Landline

poodles19938
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've:

- Recently switched my Bell internet to dryloop

- Recently activated a new PM account with a random phone #

Now I need to port in a Bell Landline as it was giving me issues at startup (so I defaulted to a random phone number assigned).  It is suggested to PM a mod to assist - which mod(s) can help me with this?

Also, at the very end, should I call Bell to cancel my old home phone service but also let them know I am now on Dryloop via Teksavvy (internet)?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@poodles19938 wrote:

I've:

- Recently switched my Bell internet to dryloop

- Recently activated a new PM account with a random phone #

Now I need to port in a Bell Landline as it was giving me issues at startup (so I defaulted to a random phone number assigned).  It is suggested to PM a mod to assist - which mod(s) can help me with this?

Also, at the very end, should I call Bell to cancel my old home phone service but also let them know I am now on Dryloop via Teksavvy (internet)?

Thank you!

I need to know what had happened as I don't understand what you had done on the sentence highlighted in blue.

Did you already initiated porting your Bell landline to PM?

If yes, then you have issue using your Bell landline number on your PM account.  You did get a new PM number to replace your Bell number on your PM account. 

Am I correct?  Please confirm.

Once port is complete Bell will most likely cancel your service. Once number is up and running....that will be the time to call Bell and confirm your account is closed. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Bell account needs to be active to port over. No need to contact them. System will automatically cancel bell once the port is complete.

Click question ? Mark bottom right to open the chat bot. Type "port request"

If you used a referral code for a $10 signup bonus the credit will be applied within 72 hours.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@poodles19938 a landline port may take up to 7 days to complete. Your Bell account must be active to port your number. The port will close it once its completed.  Type " Port Request " and follow the prompts to get to a moderator. Give them the name on the account,  the number to port and the Bell account number. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.