cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received a Gift Card. Can I still get $2/mo pre-authorized payment reward?

alex77v
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received a Public Mobile Voucher Code.

I am already on pre-authorized payment and receiving the $2/mo reward.

If I topped up my account with my $100 gift card, do I still get the preauthorized $2/mo reward?

8 REPLIES 8

@pkaraa wrote:

System probably will check if there is a valid autopay info on file every month. 

As from 2 messages above, they don't. For Public Mobile to check the validity of the card, one way for this would be to place a small pending charge on the card. Public Mobile doesn't do that as that would be considered an unauthorized charge in cases where no payment was due.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@alex77v : Don't let anybody tell you there's no support around here.

@pkaraa 

Nope. All autopay does is attempt to charge your card once. If it fails there are many reasons why it would or could. I have had cancelled, stolen, expired ( if added before expiry), over the limit, on hold or currently a visa gift card with a $0.10 balance as my autopay card. The accounts pay for themselves so I know autopay will never attempt to charge the card.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

System probably will check if there is a valid autopay info on file every month. 

@alex77v 

Not all gift cards are the same. Which one do you have? Does it have a CVV 3 digit code? You could add the card amount to your balance or just register the gift card as your autopay card. Once exhausted you could also leave the card registered for autopay  and pay by voucher and still get the $2 reward.

Alternatively once exhausted don't throw away the card. You could use it for autopay rewards for any referrals you may get that don't have a card to register for autopay. They save $2 and pay by voucher. That might be the one thing to convince them to switch.

Edit:

Read the title and missed the line about it being a voucher not a gift card. Ah well now you know about gift cards....visa and m/c gift cards.

alex77v
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you, wow I did not expect the community to answer this fast! (2minutes!!!!)

I am absolutely amazed at these responses.

Thanks everyone!!

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you have set up auto-pay that will not interfere with any other reward. You will get $2 off at every renewal until you cancel auto-pay.

$100 on your account will be used to renew your plan until exhausted and then your credit card will start to be charged.

@alex77v wrote:

I received a Public Mobile Voucher Code.

I am already on pre-authorized payment and receiving the $2/mo reward.

If I topped up my account with my $100 gift card, do I still get the preauthorized $2/mo reward?

Yes, you'll still get your autopay reward. For this reward, you only need to have autopay enabled, and even if your card doesn't need to be charged, you still get the reward.

Need Help? Let's chat.