cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivation

Divacorpse
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I allegedly only have one day to reactivate my account before I lose my phone number I've been trying for the last 2 weeks to contact someone and get help it's not letting me log into my Public Mobile account with my email when I hit forgot password it says it doesn't exist. I finally spoke with someone on a ticket and they told me that I needed to add $73 I get my phone number back I don't want to spend that much just a simple text plan would be best I don't know what to do I'm completely stressed out about losing this number as it's connected to all my government things and it has photos from when my kids were babies. Can someone please help me as I am illiterate.

7 REPLIES 7

Divacorpse
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

They can't help and agree having difficulty... wish someone would answer from public so I can get this over with

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Divacorpse 

Call 611 from your phone or 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter your 10 digit phone number. This will give you your basic account info including the amount needed to reactivate your account. Unless you are on a 90 day plan $73 seems to be too much to have to pay to reactivate but if that is the amount what is most important is saving your account from deactivation before 6am eastern tomorrow.

Whatever the amount get a pm voucher from a retailer from the list below and add it via 611. As long as your account is not suspended via lost/stolen and you fully cover your plan amount be it a 30 day plan or a 90 day plan just get it reactivated and confirm your have active service.

Then resist the urge to actually use your service. If you want to change your plan to the $15 plan or a 30 day plan you can contact customer support and explain that you only paid to save your account and phone number before deactivation as you have yet to gain access to your self serve account.

Ask that they credit your account and assign the plan you want going forward. The credit can be used for your next few renewals if need be....the important factor is saving your account. Don't take any chances in losing it because they cannot resurrect it once it's deactivated.

The following retailers all have pm vouchers that are immediately valid upon purchase and loadable via 611 or by calling 1 855 4PUBLIC and entering your 10 digit phone number.

1. London Drugs
  2. Shell Stations
  3. 7/11
  4. SDM
  5. RCSS
  6. TMS
  7. Circle K
  8. Wal-Mart

Additionally as mentioned Canadian Tire gas bars and Mobil stations have RTP (real time payments) for a $1 fee and by giving the clerk your 10 digit phone number and provider.

More info on vouchers can be found here....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#M343905

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Divacorpse    That $73 payment PM is requesting doesn't make sense.   Did you ever make a charge back of funds from PM to your CC?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Divacorpse 

What plan were you on?  If you only really want a 'texting plan', you only need the $15 plan.

It gives you unlimited incoming/outgoing international texting, unlimited incoming calls, + 100 outgoing Canada-wide minutes each cycle. (and a small bit of data, 250MB)

I'd recommend reactivating (by a 1-time payment) on the $15 plan, then add a payment card for auto-pay, or remember to top-up using a payment voucher each cycle.

If you require CSA assistance, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Divacorpse 

I am surprised that you owe $73 as PM is a prepaid service. Are you sure you contact a CS_Agent?

If your account have been suspended for longer than 90 days. You account will be closed and you can’t login or get your old number back.

What phone does you have? If it is an iPhone, everything is backup into iCloud. 
If it is an Android, you can backup onto an micro SD card.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

If you can access your account you can change your plan to start immediately and do a basic plan if you'd like. Not sure where the 73 is coming from was that what your previous plan cost or was there some missed payment or something. That is unlikely since it is prepaid.

Also the phone number won't affect the pictures on your phone of your kids. Obviously it will for the other things you mentioned but even if you got a new number you should have access to the pictures on the same phone. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

With the sim in your phone what recording do you get when you dial 611? If it wants money then good. If it says it doesn't exist then that's problem.

So if it wants money, go to a Mobil gas station and have them do the instant top-up. You give them the provider, your phone number and the amount and it just goes. It'll cost an extra $1 but it's easy.

Or use recharge.com to buy a voucher to pay for your plan. Enter it in through that 611 system.

Need Help? Let's chat.